This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Hardware for openplotter?
(2020-05-28, 01:00 PM)niklun Wrote: Thanks for the reply, and I apologize for the anxiety I have.  I have checked everything you asked for and it's ok.  But I solved the problem of receiving data from the i60 in a very simple way.  Just turn on the i60 after turning on the MCS / openplotter system.  Now I get data from the i60.  Now I don't know how to configure Signal K to transmit data (like boat speed etc.) to the Raymarine i60.  Can you help me, even with pictures?  Thanks.

Ciao, I sent you some explanatory photos in PM, did you look in the mail?  Cool
For information:
In the next app Version the MCS is able to READ! Seatalk1.
For this you can connect the yellow seatlk1 wire  to one of the inputs (In1-In4) and you get the Data from the Seatalk bus!

thank you very much. Ok for the data that the i60 must receive through nmea 2000: example the boat speed, if the boat is stopped, should the i60 display the true wind or will it display 0 as true wind? i60 calculates true wind by receiving speed and apparent wind.
Comet 1000 - Openplotter under construction
It will show as true and apparent wind the same speed... ;-)
(2020-06-02, 01:17 PM)glowntiger Wrote: It will show as true and apparent wind the same speed... ;-)

Nothing. Instead of showing True Wind, it only shows dashes (_ _ _ _). Like when the i60 is not connected via N2K, which in this case is logical not receiving the boat speed. Do I have to set and what in Signal K (Plug in Signal k to N2000)?
(2020-06-02, 04:03 PM)niklun Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 01:17 PM)glowntiger Wrote: It will show as true and apparent wind the same speed... ;-)

Nothing. Instead of showing True Wind, it only shows dashes (_ _ _ _). Like when the i60 is not connected via N2K, which in this case is logical not receiving the boat speed. Do I have to set and what in Signal K (Plug in Signal k to N2000)?

Hi, I sent you some photos! Open your mail!  Cool

https://i.imgur.com/VmbGqbD.png
Have you enable the signalk to nmea2000? How do you translate? Have you config signalk?
(2020-06-02, 05:02 PM)Max1947 Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 04:03 PM)niklun Wrote:

Hi, I sent you some photos! Open your mail!  Cool

https://i.imgur.com/VmbGqbD.png
Grazie Max, molto gentile. Ho letto e visto le immagini. Infatti adesso riesco a riceve dati dal i60, ma, pur attivando wind su signK to n2k niente non riceve. Bho

Thanks Max, very kind. I have read and seen the images. In fact, now I can receive data from the i60, but, even if I activate wind on signK to n2k, nothing does not receive. bho

(2020-06-02, 07:32 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Have you enable the signalk to nmea2000? How do you translate? Have you config signalk?

Yes, I am configuring SignK but I go at random .... by attempts, without a guide or preparation my efforts are random. It would be nice to have a beginner's guide for software configuration. Thanks anyway to everyone for what you are doing.
Glowtiger ..., I noticed another problem: it happened to me that after a while of using the system, a message appeared at power on with an alert (failed to start load kernel modules ....). then again after a while the signK server went into crisis and then paypilot no longer worked .... in short, a mess. I have reinstalled the whole system for 3/4 times ...... but always the same after a bit of accents. Yesterday I reinstalled, I marked everything I did in the settings until I found out when the disturbances began. At the first shutdown through the enable on 12V with switch. It seems that the shutdown of the RPI does not happen correctly and that the kernel is corrupted .... and then it doesn't work anymore. Example now the atmospheric pressure and temperature are not working through the hat (i2c of the hat). Do you have solutions?
Hi niklun,
do not know you exactly system setting....
Have you enable the autoshutdown mode in the MCS APP before you have use this mode as described in the Manual?
If you have not enable this widget, the pi stops hard... !!!