This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MacArthur HAT production
I confess: guilty of enthusiasm Smile
Well, we can shameless say that the Hat is popular :-)
(2024-02-10, 06:28 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Bffffffff what a mess...

You collapsed the server and many orders were paid but the shop was down to get confirmation. I could not even get into the server to stop it. Now it is in maintenance mode until I clean up the mess, do not worry, if you have made the payment the order will be created but I need to do it manually checking the bank records. Do not expect the store to reopen today sorry.

A victim of great success.  I bet you never imagined this level of interest.  We're all sailors so never expect anything to go as planned.  

Great sailors accept when conditions are rough and go for a beer until the storm passes.
I'll raise a pint of warm British beer to you later.

M
Honestly, we expected good acceptance but not this... The server log is scary. Sorry, this launch was not a good idea Smile

I will inform here when everything is fixed.
We’re sorry for the extra work; nonetheless, congratulations!
Excellent- glad they are selling well!
It was like promising sight to a blind man!  everyone wants the mac arthur hat!  do a survey on the site, or do a pre-sale to find out how many units to produce.  we don't care about paying 6 months in advance, you have our trust, we want your hat!!!
There is another batch on the way and the stock will be regularized soon so there is no wait. It must be taken into account that the main objective of this project is not to sell as much as possible, it is to release a hardware base that users can then easily evolve and adapt.
Everything should be clean and tidy in the OpenMarine store now. If you think you have paid for an order and have not received email confirmation, check your junk mail and write to us if you can not find it.

Sorry again.
All looking good here.
Well done for sorting so quickly!

I've worked a few black Fridays on big e-commerce sites in my time so know how stressful it can get sorting the data out when things start going sideways!