This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing OpenPlotter hats!!!
@Tocan : you are mixing things and creating problems where there are none. Please do your homework with the Bundesnetzzentrale and the Funkfrequenzzuteilungsstelle and Bundesamt für Zivilluftfahrt or whatever other department for your drone problem, which I agree is special and is requiring better regulations.

However here we speak about AIS and GPS RECEIVERS which do not need any special CE conformity.
(2017-12-04, 12:36 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: @Tocan : you are mixing things and creating problems where there are none. Please do your homework with the Bundesnetzzentrale and the Funkfrequenzzuteilungsstelle and Bundesamt für Zivilluftfahrt or whatever other department for your drone problem, which I agree is special and is requiring better regulations.

However here we speak about AIS and GPS RECEIVERS which do not need any special CE conformity.

Realy is it forbidden to ask which rules exist? All the the time i did beleave its so what you tell me here but in fact i am unshure in this point for receivers.

Declaration of Conformity in accordance with the Radio and Telecomunications Terminal Equipment Act (FTEG) and Directive 1999/5/EG (R&TTE) 
Geräteklasse: 1 (Subclass 22) 

Equipment class: complies with the essential requirements of § 3 and the other relevant provisions of the FTEG (Article 3 of the R&TTE Directive). 
Harmonised standards applied 

EN 60950:2006 Health and safety requirements pursuant to § 3 (1) 1. (Article 3 (1) a)) 
EN 301 489-1 V1.7.1 Protection requirement concerning electromagnetic compatibility § 3 (1) 2, Artikel 3 (1) b)) 
EN 300 328 V1.8.1 Measures for the efficient use of the radio frequency spectrum § 3 (2) (Article 3 (2))

The officer did told me its not correct just to see the transponder. And so i am unshure. And just ask.

Is there is a declaration that they do not need it?

I have this information as example. Only evaluation kids do not need it. So my idea was to ship the hat in parts as an evaluation kid. But if you can provide better or different resources my question is answered.

https://www.electrosuisse.ch/fileadmin/u...-09-22.pdf
these rules do not apply to receivers. they mainly want to regulate transmitted frequencies.

looks like a great solution!
(2017-11-23, 06:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 02:29 PM)tocan Wrote: Which chip exact? Are there any comparison tests that show what is better?

Not yet. We will publish complete technical specifications when the prototype have been fully tested.
hi Sailoog,
If you have a spare prototype and are looking for a tester I am volunteering ! Big Grin
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

as am I.
Hi Sailoog,
All our support to you and this Project!
Looking forward to receiving fresh news about this hat.....

Enviat des del meu WAS-LX1A usant Tapatalk
HATs are designed and manufactured in EU buy they will not be CE marked, why?

We want to keep it as cheaper as possible.
They are pointed to makers and DIY people as we are, so they will be marked as experimental products.

We have already enough testers but thanks for your offer guys!

We have the first prototypes and we are programming and torturing them, some pictures...

(2017-12-13, 09:26 PM)uriguri Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

Moltes gracies!

Ens estem deixant les banyes en això per tenir-ho enllestit abans que comenci la nova temporada de navegació però ara mateix depenem de les dates de fabrica. Ets a prop de Barcelona?

Salut
(2017-12-28, 07:45 PM)Sailoog Wrote: HATs are designed and manufactured in EU buy they will not be CE marked, why?

We want to keep it as cheaper as possible.
They are pointed to makers and DIY people as we are, so they will be marked as experimental products.

I like in general the idea and you should know best what is with FCC and CE conformity. I think as long you let solder the people themselve you are on the right way. Hope you are right in this. I recently let legalize a drone to register it for take off. For luck the officer at the Bundesnetzagentur did accept my meassurements done with the RTL-SDR V3 and let it pass for conformity declaration. Hi say ok he can do it that i can register it in Romania with the CAA. I do not know for the moment its important where the item are produced. 

Merry christmas
(2017-12-28, 07:55 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 09:26 PM)uriguri Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

Moltes gracies!

Ens estem deixant les banyes en això per tenir-ho enllestit abans que comenci la nova temporada de navegació però ara mateix depenem de les dates de fabrica. Ets a prop de Barcelona?

Salut
Hola Sailoog,

Sí, sóc a prop, si necessites un cop de mà m'ofereixo encantat. Salut i bon any!