This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter on SY Polaris
Photo 
This is my arrangement for Openplotter on board of Polaris, OVNI 385.

- RaspberryPi mod. 3
- 7" 12V monitor
- Seatalk-NMEA bridge USB (SeatalkLink)
- wireless mouse & keyboard
- USB GPS/GLONASS receiver
- AIS dAISy receiver
- self-made AIS antenna

Thank you Sailoog for your excellent work.

I'm waiting for the new OpenPlotter Moitessier Hat !

Best wishes
sanrab
I don't see any mention of the LCD display. Anything you can say about that?

Richard
Sorry for that! I forgot it.
I build up a simple system with your waterproof temperature sensor and an arduino (to be independent from the navigation system). The data are shown on a LCD character display.

sanrab
Wow, looks great, and  it's motivated me to add a monitor to my set up.

Do you have a VGA adapter to a VGA 12V 7" monitor?

I can find loads of these monitors and have an adapter online but have no idea of which monitors are any good

Actually I would like a 10 " one perhaps, if it doesnt really up the price and current draw

Any hints/info on good and reasonable priced 12V monitors (7 & 10"), please?

Also, any ideas on current draw with monitor? I only have 9.9 4-stroke Yamaha outboard charging circuit

Cheers

Leigh
Nice setup. Is that a small tablet mounted to the right of the yellow instrument at your nav station? If so what is the software it is running?
(2017-12-27, 09:44 PM)Saqqara Wrote: Nice setup. Is that a small tablet mounted to the right of the yellow instrument at your nav station? If so what is the software it is running?

On the tablet (cheap china tablet) NKE display is running.
Best regards.

sanrab

(2017-12-27, 08:45 PM)Leigh Wrote: Wow, looks great, and  it's motivated me to add a monitor to my set up.

Do you have a VGA adapter to a VGA 12V 7" monitor?

I can find loads of these monitors and have an adapter online but have no idea of which monitors are any good

Actually I would like a 10 " one perhaps, if it doesnt really up the price and current draw

Any hints/info on good and reasonable priced 12V monitors (7 & 10"), please?

Also, any ideas on current draw with monitor? I only have 9.9 4-stroke Yamaha outboard charging circuit

Cheers

Leigh

I have a cheap HDMI to VGA adapter, connected with a 12V 10" car monitor.
On Amazon you can find many of them and cheap. Regarding the current draw I did not measured it, but I do not think is very high. 

Cheers

sanrab 
Hmm. I don't recognize that app as NKE Display, the one I see on Google Play store uses an ugly segmented font (why do they do that?) and the layouts are simpler.
(2017-12-29, 07:39 PM)Saqqara Wrote: Hmm. I don't recognize that app as NKE Display, the one I see on Google Play store uses an ugly segmented font (why do they do that?) and the layouts are simpler.

That's SeaWi Marine, an android app.
Thanks! I'll give that one a second look. There are getting to be some new options, but Android still trails iOS in terms of high quality chart plotter and instrument apps. Certainly nothing so good as Scott Bender's WilhelmSK on Android yet. My iPhone crapped out so I'm switching to an Android phone because it's a better value, but with some regret.