This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Openplotter installation Blog
(2016-05-09, 11:24 PM)alekoy Wrote: Awesome!

Have you got dimming/light control to work on the RPI-screen?
That is one of the things I want to get working..

Yes, I can switch off the backlight, and switch it back on. But I did not find how I do it best. Actually I have two icons for this on the screen, but it is hard to find the "on" icon when the screen is off :-).

The best solution would be to switch the backlight on, when the screen is touched anywhere.
Ideas how to solve this?
No, I have no idea Tongue

I see your cut-out is perfect, did you measure the screen yourself, or did you find a datasheet for it (I have looked all the usual places for one)
I have a CNC-router myself, so I think I have to do something similar to what you have done.

Also, I read somewhere that the LCD-module is just stuck to the glass with a tiny amount of double sided tape and have come apart for some users, so be careful if you are holding everything in place using the two yellow bars, just a heads up Smile

and finally, you don`t need to connect the 2 i2c-wires from the screen to the PI, there is a seperate i2c-bus connected through the flat-flex between the boards already Smile this frees up the i2c-pins for IMU/other sensors Smile

EDIT: the "somewhere" was a review on sparkfun product page;
"I purchased 5 touchscreen. Two before and three in January. Touch and display quality is superb. After two-three month of use (no rough use; handled with care), display LCD and front touchpanel (black bezel) break apart. They both are connected using a thin double sided tape. I was planning to use in industrial environment but after such issue, I dropped my plan to use it in industrial environment."
Thank you for the information about the glued display frame.
There is a PDF with the technical drawing in the net. I made a dxf File out of this. If you want, I can give you the dxf, or the g-code for the mill.
(2016-05-11, 08:23 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Thank you for the information about the glued display frame.
There is a PDF with the technical drawing in the net. I made a dxf File out of this. If you want, I can give you the dxf, or the g-code for the mill.

A DXF would be great!
where did you find the PDF? I have looked on the official raspberry pages etc..
My email is aleksander@oyen.in

Thanks!
(2016-05-12, 06:13 PM)alekoy Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 08:23 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Thank you for the information about the glued display frame.

A DXF would be great!
where did you find the PDF? I have looked on the official raspberry pages etc..
My email is aleksander@oyen.in

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvl3st8pdth0ha...5.pdf?dl=0
Thanks for the PDF!

I had made a drawing using a model I found in the sketchup "warehouse", and the measurements were wrong in that model, but the pdf saved me before messing up a square foot of 2mm carbon fiber plate Smile
Pi+screen installed in the plate, and plate installed in the panel, so now I just have to finish all the connections Smile
Great! Can post pictures?
I will make a thread with details when I get stuff fully working, have to connect to a B&G H3000, and also connect a H5000 display to the H3000 via a Actisense unit and so on.. I think there will be some head-scratching this weekend :p
Hi!

Meanwile I am running OP 0.8 on my boat, which stays in water during the winter.
I transmit the data via a GSM Stick via email to a second email account (@.me.com) from where I can distribute the content to several services.

The is a pushover alarm for motion and shore power failure. At home I have a dlink sirene, that can be triggered by IFTTT via a email.
The weather data emails trigger IFTTT actions to write the parameter in google sheets automaticaly. The data grafics are published on a website http://meineboot.seite.com .

Now I hope that the mimik will run stable...

How do you visualize your data?

Martin
(2016-05-04, 06:43 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 12:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: amazing!
I can see you have installed the virtual keyboard matchbox, Does it work right? I have not installed on OP core because processor jumps to 90% and it had some important bugs.

Yes, the keyboard is running. But the keys are pretty small. I will try to find another layout.
And the touchscreen isn't as easy to aim as with my tablet.
I will have a look on CPU usage.

Tomorrow I will install the board on board :-).

Martin
Hi Martin, is the touchscreen working well with OpenCPN? I am (still) having difficulty selecting items from the main Menu Bar...they "show" selected (they are highlighted) but do not execute as with left-click of the mouse. Appreciate any help/tips on using this delightful little display with OP and OpenCPN. Thanks.