This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor sleep mode
Apologies if this is requested already.

In my setup and I assume most non-headless installs the main power user is the monitor. It would be great if there was a setting to put the monitor into sleep/standby mode (way less power usage) after a user set number of minutes then wake after a key press.

Our general usage would have one of the crew check the chart plotter whenever they pass the nav station say every 5 or ten mins possibly even longer if in clear water. The rest of the time the monitor would be drawing a lot less power.

The monitor can be powered on and off manually, but if this is an easy feature to add it would be a lot more elegant.
try this because its a raspberry pi thing not a op thing. its not an easy feature to add.

in the terminal
sudo nano /boot/config.txt

add this line to the file somewhere.

hdmi_blanking=1

ctrl x then y and enter..
sudo reboot

let me know if that works for you
(2018-05-15, 06:24 PM)jim321 Wrote: try this because its a raspberry pi thing not a op thing. its not an easy feature to add.

in the terminal
sudo nano /boot/config.txt

add this line to the file somewhere.

hdmi_blanking=1

ctrl x then y and enter..
sudo reboot

let me know if that works for you

OK I'll give it a whirl.
Thanks.