This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESP wifi device lost when network not availble
OP 1.0.0 on an Pi3 B

With an ESP8266 running easyesp connected to the RPi AP and OP sharing an access point using just the internal wifi, I've noticed that when the network supplying web access gets turned off then the ESP gets disconnected as well, reboot the ESP and it connects again. 
I've gone back to using a separate USB wifi dongle on the Pi which seems OK.
(2018-06-13, 09:17 AM)PaddyB Wrote: OP 1.0.0 on an Pi3 B

With an ESP8266 running easyesp connected to the RPi AP and OP sharing an access point using just the internal wifi, I've noticed that when the network supplying web access gets turned off then the ESP gets disconnected as well, reboot the ESP and it connects again. 
I've gone back to using a separate USB wifi dongle on the Pi which seems OK.

Without touching anything, no issues on my pi 3 model B with OP 1.0.0, internal wifi, ESP connected for successive days, when looking in the ESP logs, never a connection faillure.

My ESP8266 unit = AI-Thinker ESP-01 with 1MB memory with following binary: ESP_Easy_mega-20180403_normal_ESP8266_1024
If needed, I could report current uptime with 0 connection faillures.

But what do you disable and for what reason for this issue to occur?
(2018-06-13, 11:08 AM)JeroenAdam Wrote: Without touching anything, no issues on my pi 3 model B with OP 1.0.0, internal wifi, ESP connected for successive days, when looking in the ESP logs, never a connection faillure.

My ESP8266 unit = AI-Thinker ESP-01 with 1MB memory with following binary: ESP_Easy_mega-20180403_normal_ESP8266_1024
If needed, I could report current uptime with 0 connection faillures.

But what do you disable and for what reason for this issue to occur?

The Pi shares web access from a mobile phone access point, if the phone goes out of range so no access point to share then the ESP stops talking to the OP access point and needs a reboot to get it talking again. Not really a problem for me as I just went back to using a separate USB/Wifi dongle which works fine but seems like a bug.
i pulled power on my home router to replicate loss of internet, did not lose connection with esp.
same setup ez + 8266 ap/client