This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connect a bluetooth speaker
Any chance to use a bluetooth speaker ?

I can pair one, but not "connect" it.

When I click connect in the BT menu, I get a message : "connection failled. Use the audio menu to connect to this device".
In the Preference/audio menu I don'tsee anything allowoing to do so ... Huh 

Also, when right clicking the audio applet in the task bar, it only shows HDMI or analog Exclamation

assistance most welcomed !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

click upper right corner on the bluetooth symbol
select "Add Device"
select your bluetooth speaker
click Pair (a message should come "Paired successfully. Use the audio menu to select as output device.")
right click upper right corner on the audio symbol (a menu comes up with "Analog, HDMI, (the name of your bluetooth speaker))
click on the name of your bluetooth speaker (connection to bluetooth audio device ...)
done

Disadvantage bluetooth speaker shut off after a few minutes (power saving) if they don't get any sound to play.
I can't tell you if it does work with a bluetooth car radio.
Hi e sailing,
the problem is that when I click connect in the BT menu, I get a message : "connection failed. Use the audio menu to connect to this device".
there I'm lost !
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

right click the speaker icon choose bt speaker

or try

sudo bluetoothctl
agent on
default-agent
scan on
pair xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (device mac)
trust xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

probably need to right click speaker icon and choose it after all that too
Right cliick on the speaker icon opens a menu with only 2 choices : analog, or HDMI ....
I contacted BOSE support to get the Mac address ...
Cordialement
Didier B

sudo bluetoothctl -h
i don't remember off hand you can try the help -h i think the command is "list or devices" but that will show devices with the mac address.

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/201...uetoothctl
MERCI, GRACIAS, THANK YOU ! Smile
Thanks e-sailing and Jim 321, my nav and mooring nights will now be surrounded by good music, a great progress on the former car radio solution !
Thank you also for the notice about bluetoothctl which increased my BT background of a factor higher than a 1000 !
Cordialement
Didier B

Ooops, I have been too enthusiast !
I can now pair and connect my bluetooth speaker, and select it with a right click on the speaker icon,
but though this worked for a short period of time, now it keeps resolutely silent !
(works like a charm with my tablet !) . Any idea ?
Cordialement
Didier B

Power save mode?
(2018-09-24, 09:51 PM)e-sailing Wrote: Power save mode?

Don't think so, everything else is responsive. It rather looks like a configuration problem, or a question of "right".
everything was fine for a couple of days, then ....
Cordialement
Didier B