This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
(2018-10-12, 07:46 PM)Jodel Wrote: I have have just installed Openploter on my Pi3.  I am trying to get KIP to display real data as opposed to demo.  As I am working at home without the Pi connected to the boat data, I have just picked an arbitrary point in Opencpn and selected goto.  I can now see a bearing and range on the status bar.

I then went to KIP and changed the source in the Settings to http://localhost:3000.
when I update/reset I get 3 green ticks

API URL: HTTP 200: OK. 
Server: signalk-server-node Ver: 1.7.0Websocket 

I used Openplotter to restart the K server.  I also rebooted.
As expected the values in the Dashboard are now null as I have no data for them.

When I try to edit the display values in KIP ( to select Range or Bearing) I just have red lines either side of Path and Source.
The dropdowns are blank.

I feel I am missing something small in the configuration.
Any suggestions as to what I can try next?
Jodel

KIP instrument display webapp reads data from signal k server, so you have to be sure signal k is getting data from your devices.

If you use opencpn to generate data you will have to send data to signal k again and be careful with the loops you can generate. You could create a network output in opencpn and a network input in kplex, create a filter in opencpn input to not receive the same data again.
(2018-10-13, 06:59 PM)chech Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 09:08 PM)Sailoog Wrote: WOW, merci Saqqara, je ne le savais pas.

Cela devrait être activé par défaut sur la prochaine version de l'OP !!!

Affinite, mettez juste http: // localhost: 3000

bonjour je veux voir mes données gps sur kip je comprends faire des fenêtres mais je ne comprends pas ce que je fais pour voir les données je vois le gps sur opencpn mais je ne vois pas sur le tableau de bord kip et je ne vois pas le tutoriel pour expliquer cela Je pense que s’il est possible de m’expliquer dans la config widjet, la source est en rouge et numérique afin de penser que vous passez une bonne journée.

Bonne nuit. Vous devez configurer votre GPS dans l'onglet "Série" d'Openplotter et vous assurer qu'opencpn est à l'écoute dans l'entrée localhost 10110.
Hi,
The demonstration works fine but I cannot get the real Opencpn generated data to display. (For example Bearing to waypoint).
I  am getting KIP connected to Kplex but Opencpn does not seem to be sending nmea data to Kplex.

I suspect that I may need to set up a new network connection in Opencpn but do not know what values to input (ip address, port, tcp or udp etc etc).

Can anyone help?
Jodel
(2018-10-14, 01:44 PM)Jodel Wrote: Hi,
The demonstration works fine but I cannot get the real Opencpn generated data to display. (For example Bearing to waypoint).
I  am getting KIP connected to Kplex but Opencpn does not seem to be sending nmea data to Kplex.

I suspect that I may need to set up a new network connection in Opencpn but do not know what values to input (ip address, port, tcp or udp etc etc).

Can anyone help?
Jodel

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...65#pid7465
(2018-10-13, 08:22 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 07:46 PM)Jodel Wrote: I have have just installed Openploter on my Pi3.  I am trying to get KIP to display real data as opposed to demo.  As I am working at home without the Pi connected to the boat data, I have just picked an arbitrary point in Opencpn and selected goto.  I can now see a bearing and range on the status bar.

I then went to KIP and changed the source in the Settings to http://localhost:3000.
when I update/reset I get 3 green ticks

API URL: HTTP 200: OK. 
Server: signalk-server-node Ver: 1.7.0Websocket 

I used Openplotter to restart the K server.  I also rebooted.
As expected the values in the Dashboard are now null as I have no data for them.

When I try to edit the display values in KIP ( to select Range or Bearing) I just have red lines either side of Path and Source.
The dropdowns are blank.

I feel I am missing something small in the configuration.
Any suggestions as to what I can try next?
Jodel

KIP instrument display webapp reads data from signal k server, so you have to be sure signal k is getting data from your devices.

If you use opencpn to generate data you will have to send data to signal k again and be careful with the loops you can generate. You could create a network output in opencpn and a network input in kplex, create a filter in opencpn input to not receive the same data again.

I found my problem.  As suggested Signal K was not receiving the data.  First issue was that I needed to use 10.10.10.1 as the host address as " localhost" was not resolving correctly.  Secend issue was the using the TCP protocol was giving errors.  UDP worked fine.  Now I have KIP showing real data. 
Jodel
Demo is not working after last update 0.1.9 running on signalk k server 1.14.0
Anyone else with this problem?
Yes, I had the same problem.

Also lost prior configuration and wouldn't run prior config when I pasted it in.

But I could add gauges.

Interested to know what we can do with the two way communication Kip now has (buttons?), in Openplotter, or how to use it.
reporting...
https://github.com/mxtommy/Kip/issues/26
Hi!

I recently installed a wind sensor (NASA wireless), and the setup with openplotter and SignalK-server on a RPi3b recognizes the wind NMEA-sentence plug-n-play Smile I use KIP to present the apparent wind speed and direction. Now, it would be sweet to present the historical values with a graph, and I can tell from earlier posted pics in this thread that others managed to create such. BUT when I chose KIP widget "Historical DataSet", there are no DataSet to choose from (even when the wind sensor has been running for a while)? I experimented with the settings of logging in the Signal K-server settings but without luck.

Thankful for any advice!
/Andreas
(2019-07-14, 10:55 PM)b135802 Wrote: Hi!

I recently installed a wind sensor (NASA wireless), and the setup with openplotter and SignalK-server on a RPi3b recognizes the wind NMEA-sentence plug-n-play Smile I use KIP to present the apparent wind speed and direction. Now, it would be sweet to present the historical values with a graph, and I can tell from earlier posted pics in this thread that others managed to create such. BUT when I chose KIP widget "Historical DataSet", there are no DataSet to choose from (even when the wind sensor has been running for a while)? I experimented with the settings of logging in the Signal K-server settings but without luck.

Thankful for any advice!
/Andreas

Hi!

Have you looked in the "Historical Data" tab in the App settings? (menu in lower right). Basically, you need to tell KIP what data to keep track of. Once it's created, you will be able to select it in a graph. Note KIP doesn't get any logging from the signalk server. It just recalls the last X minutes of data it has seen, so only data since you started the App is available.

Thanks,

Thomas