This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PyPilot doesn't work after upgrade
(2018-09-24, 07:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: If you need to fix this bug and you can not wait for an openplotter update, do this:

Code:
cd
mkdir delete
cd delete
git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot
git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_data
cp -rv pypilot_data/* pypilot
cd pypilot
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install
cd
sudo rm -rf delete

I have a test setting with Openplotter 1.2.0 Alpha were pypilot with the IMU MPU-9250, an arduino with motordriver as well a an Rudder-feedback is working fine.

After doing the above "Bugfix" I got a nice new calibation window, aswell I coud call the pypilot-control from the openplotter -pypilot-window (not the opencpn).

The problem is that now the IMU MPU-9250 is not working, it is recognized, but dead, no data are shown in the calibation windows .....

So I endet up going back to the pypilot as it comes with openplotter 1.2.0 Alpha. 

Also here are the isues with the calibration.

Maybe some can give me an hint how to solve it, otherwise I´ll wait for an Openplotter update, it is not urgend.

Save sailing to all

Andreas
I am not sure where the problem is, if it is pypilot not getting the imu data, or the data not being read from pypilot.

Does the scope button on the pypilot tab work? Can imu data plot there? Does any inertial data work?

Try by disabling pypilot from openplotter and be sure it isn't running and run pypilot_boatimu from a terminal and post the output. This is an easy way to test the imu driver.
i was bored so i updated and the calibration does not seem to work.
turned off in oplotter and ran the command

pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_boatimu
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/pypilot_boatimu", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('pypilot==0.2', 'console_scripts', 'pypilot_boatimu')()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 561, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2631, in load_entry_point
return ep.load()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2291, in load
return self.resolve()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2297, in resolve
module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/pypilot/boatimu.py", line 19, in <module>
import autopilot
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/pypilot/autopilot.py", line 117, in <module>
import pilots
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/pypilot/pilots/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
__import__(module[:-3], locals(), globals())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/pypilot/pilots/learning.py", line 11, in <module>
from autopilot import *
ImportError: No module named autopilot
Thanks for the report. I should have fixed this in github now.

I will start making stable release tags in the future, it should help avoid this.
Thanks at @ Jim and Sean.

The IMU gives data now. And everything is back working in my test layout. When  I´m back to the boat
I will start connecting the drive (Neco 17DR8 24V) and do seatrails.

The new improvements to the autopilot tab and the servo calibration looks great.

I,m also working to see how I get my actual Rudderfeedback-Sensor (Roberstson/Simrad) RF300 wich seems
to work by sending a feequencie  up tk 7.200Hz into the 0-1.1V required by the arduino analog pin4.

Save sailing
Andreas
that was fast thanks sean.
I got mine working too thanks I get a blank screen on the Pypilot imu configuration screen where the boat and compass is and a error about failed to load pywavefront, no boat model rendered. Something missing? The other screens are fine.

I had to add a kplex item for pypilot both directions to get my mag compass to display in OCPN and Openplotter.

But sees my wind instrument. It jams sometimes. I need it to stop when its current jumps and back up a rotation. Or setup a limit switch.
After PyPilot update even Openplotter is not working anymore.

I get

pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3994, in <module>
    MainFrame().Show()
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 61, in __init__
    self.SK_settings = SK_settings()
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/SK_settings.py", line 28, in __init__
    self.load()
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/SK_settings.py", line 102, in load
    if not OPcan: self.data['pipedProviders'].append({'pipeElements': [{'type': 'providers/simple', 'options': {'logging': False, 'type': 'NMEA2000', 'subOptions': {'device': '/dev/ttyOP_', 'type': 'ngt-1'}}}], 'enabled': False, 'id': 'OPcan'})
KeyError: 'pipedProviders'

I did the update as usual and discribed here. No problems before. Strange?

Kalle
that looks like its a signalk problem
(2019-01-11, 01:35 PM)jim321 Wrote: that looks like its a signalk problem

That seems to be the case. I can start PyPilot and have compass and wind data but in OpenCPN nothing. But how to fix it as my programming skills are bad.

Kalle