This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot image problem
I downloaded the latest stable tinypilot image, extracted it using 7zip and mounted the extracted image onto the SD card, but when starting the Pi up with the image I get a page of errors. I feel like I’ve missed a simple step but can’t figure it out.

Any ideas?
[Image: 9b348b5d7c23c3cbb45cf95c7ebd7e44.jpg]
could you try on a pi zero?

There is something wrong with the client wifi support with the svlogd message, otherwise it's all normal.
(2019-06-02, 05:50 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: could you try on a pi zero?

There is something wrong with the client wifi support with the svlogd message, otherwise it's all normal.

I tried on a pi zero and it came up with the same errors.

I’m using a WiFi dongle because the zero I have doesn’t have WiFi nor does the pi2, of that makes any difference?
wifi dongle or inbuilt shouldn't matter.

Basically the errors you see are normal. Sorry about that.

The image still works, and I will try to fix some of these before the next release. I think the biggest issue is wifi client mode might be broken.
(2019-06-04, 09:41 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: wifi dongle or inbuilt shouldn't matter.

Basically the errors you see are normal. Sorry about that.

The image still works, and I will try to fix some of these before the next release. I think the biggest issue is wifi client mode might be broken.

I plugged in the Nokia screen and yes, the image still works using the Pi only, but the WiFi doesn’t work.
Not all usb dongles support access point mode, that could be the reason.
(2019-06-05, 01:40 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Not all usb dongles support access point mode, that could be the reason.

I’ll try another dongle, cheers

I did try the image on a rpi 3b+ and it refused to go past the rainbow screen.