This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions
Thanks, will give that a try!

Compiling from Git myself is probably a step too far from now. So I'll probably wait for your new TinyPilot image. Would love the working WiFi client option in there.. So for now I probably ground it as I don't have a potentiometer on the rudderstock at the moment.
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...21#pid7321

its not to difficult to use git.
(2019-06-11, 07:52 PM)FMJ Wrote:  and the voltage dividers for shunt and voltage measuring hooked up to it:

FMJ, what value and power is your shunt resistor?
(2019-07-24, 12:16 PM)CapnKernel Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 07:52 PM)FMJ Wrote:  and the voltage dividers for shunt and voltage measuring hooked up to it:

It is a 0,05 Ohm ceramic resistor. It is rated at 5W, not because that's necessary, but because it was easy and cheap to get on E-Bay.

You can also buy a 0,02 or 0,01 Ohm resistor. But because the normal current is so low, I decided to produce just a little bit more of heat in favor of a higher accuracy.

Will pick up this project again soon. At the moment about half of the circuitboard is assembled.
(2019-07-26, 11:22 AM)FMJ Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 12:16 PM)CapnKernel Wrote:

It is a 0,05 Ohm ceramic resistor. It is rated at 5W, not because that's necessary, but because it was easy and cheap to get on E-Bay.

You can also buy a 0,02 or 0,01 Ohm resistor. But because the normal current is so low, I decided to produce just a little bit more of heat in favor of a higher accuracy.

I bought some of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32872505913.html

I figure if it gets too hot, I can put some in parallel, which as you say, will sacrifice accuracy for a reduction in heat.

I did see some large flat 4W SMD versions. I might get some of those in the future, but I thought the through-hole ones would be better for prototyping.

Mitch.
To get the most accuracy and least heat, you can use very low resistance (nano ohms) with an amplifier.
I hadn't thought of that, good idea.