This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] AP RPi2
An AP mode for RPi 2 will be added on next OP update.
An AP mode has been added in OP v1.0.2, test please and reopen this thread if necessary.
Tried and works! great, thanks a lot. :-)
Is there a way of obtaining the Openplotter V1.0.2 as an image, tried the update route but keeps failing.

Also could you please elaborate on the config /etc/* changes that you made.

I have a RPi2 with the same AP issue on V1.0.0 image.

Many Thanks

Colin
(2019-08-01, 02:21 PM)Amaric Wrote: Is there a way of obtaining the Openplotter V1.0.2 as an image, tried the update route but keeps failing.

Also could you please elaborate on the config /etc/* changes that you made.

I have a RPi2 with the same AP issue on V1.0.0 image.

The different updates are not available as an image, as far as I know. The networking stuff in /etc/* is plain raspian, OP has just scripts changing the config files according to the settings in OP network-tab. So you can edit these files directly, if necessary.

I took my RPi2 off the boat and connected at home to Ethernet to have the update running through. Otherwise you can also hook up a mobile phone on usb. The latest available update works well on my installation.

fair winds
Christian
I have tried the update route, all seems well apart from when there is a choice at the end.

install new configuration

or keep old which is also default 'N'

I assumed it is new as would expect, then appear to have error and return to exit requested.

I am out cruising and these updates are eating my data. So any pointers appreciated.

I did notice a fresh desktop view when rebooted, but openplotter still only has RPi3 in network.

Thanks. Colin
Hi Colin,

I am afraid, I can't help you any further, as I did the update summer 2018, so it's not fresh in memory. And I will be offline for the next three weeks.

Hope someone else can kick in.

fair winds
Christian