This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Inspector won't open
Hi Guys,

I just installed version 0.8.0 beta on a raspberry pi 3. Clean install (http://www.sailoog.com/en/blog/test-open...r-v080beta)

If I try to open inspector from nmea183 tab, nothing happens. Opening from other tabs or from the menu has same behaviour

Running OP in debug mode gives following information:
pi@openplotter:~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/output.py", line 213, in <module>
    MyFrame().Show()
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/output.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.reset(0)
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/output.py", line 187, in reset
    self.mqtt=Mqtt(self.conf,self.a)
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/mqtt.py", line 39, in __init__
    self.client_local.connect(local_broker, local_port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 612, in connect
    return self.reconnect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 734, in reconnect
    sock = socket.create_connection((self._host, self._port), source_address=(self._bind_address, 0))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
    raise err
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Edit: Forgot to mention: no devices are connected to the raspberry pi

What other informution do you need?
Thx a lot!
Hi robbiedeloose,
I have found the bug, it is related to permissions of the file /etc/mosquitto/passwd.pw
I will fix this and update the master branch.
Thanks for posting!
Done.
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/b...plotter.py
replace this file in your folder /home/pi/.config/openplotter/

Confirm it works please
thanks for the quick reply! 

just changed the file, but the behaviour remains the same. 
errors message in debug mode did not change.

I could delete and reclone the depository to check if that changes anything, but maybe you want to try something else first?
Ops, sorry is my fault, I forgot to say this to do the test: set a new username and password in the MQTT tab and "apply changes".

If doesn't work yet remove this file typing in a terminal:

Code:
sudo rm /etc/mosquitto/passwd.pw

then run OP again and set the username and the password again. Look into /etc/mosquitto/ folder to see if the file is created again.
(2016-05-17, 08:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Ops, sorry is my fault, I forgot to say this to do the test: set a new username and password in the MQTT tab and "apply changes".

If doesn't work yet remove this file typing in a terminal:

Code:
sudo rm /etc/mosquitto/passwd.pw

then run OP again and set the username and the password again. Look into /etc/mosquitto/ folder to see if the file is created again.

Changing the password dit the trick. Inspector is back! Did not have to remove the file.

Thx a lot!

I tried removing my mqtt information (as i was not able to figure it out) and noticed i could not save if I deleted all the information. I get the message 'at least provide a username and password'. I gues this is intentionally, but it might be cleaner to be able to clear out all the MQTT data. Maybe a reset button?
Ok, yes, a "clear" button could work. Noted.
Thanks!