This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting nasa target wind sensor
Good morning

I'm new to all this and only used openplotter to send AIS data to my laptop so far.

I'm more trying to get data from my wind sensor but looking at the wiring I don't think it's NMEA, although my understanding is very limited so I may be wrong.

The unit is wired as follows...

Red = +5v
White = speed
Blue = direction
Black = direction also
Screen = -ve

Is there any way I can get this unit to talk to openplotter?

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thank you

Cy

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I forgot to state..

I'm using

RPi 3
OP v0.8

Thanks

thats a very old version you should install 0.10 and upgrade. we are at v0.17 no one will help much on that old version.
Ok thanks, I'll do that.

Is it ok for real world use? It's the only way I can access my AIS as it has not screen of its own.

V0.8 has been really reliable all last season...

http://www.sailoog.com/blog/download-ope...0100-noobs

yes works good