This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CanopusNav Configuration Notes
I am a huge fan of the OpenPlotter project and have been learning and experimenting since the early days.
Technologies such as SignalK, NodeRed, JavaScript, ESP8266 MCUs etc have been a revelation to me but at times they have blown my mind!
Experimenting has taken me down so many paths and resulted in so many "tweaks" to my OP computer, that I felt I needed to start documenting my configuration in case I ever wanted to rebuild from scratch.

My configuration notes are definitely Work In Progress but I have linked to them below in the hope that it may be of some use to someone.

CanopusNav

The document currently only covers my use of ESP8266 MCUs as wireless senders for my boat systems but will be expanded to cover my OpenPlotter and NodeRed setup in due course

I currently use ESP8266's to send important boat systems data to my NodeRed dashboard.
Parameters measured include:

Fuel Level
Fresh Water Level
Waste Water Level
Start Battery Voltage and Current
House Battery Voltage and Current
Thruster Battery Voltage and Current
Solar Panel Voltage
Key Engine Temperatures

All data is sent over MQTT and displayed in NodeRed or on my phone via a public MQTT broker
I've used lots of ideas from lots of people on this forum so if you recognise your work in my config - Thanks  Wink
nice
very professional looking..
Great write up, thanks for sharing. I have a similar setup using espeasy & mqtt, works very well.