This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter and iKommunicate
I have a test set up with a raspberry pi (3), iKommunicate, a wireless AP and a wireless router. Boat systems are predominantly NMEA2000 (B&G) and the purpose of this setup was to interface some sensor data not available on the B&G system and to connect a couple of legacy NMEA 0183 devices. Also to play with SignalK....

It is working - sort of. Openplotter sees the I2C sensors (MPU and BMP180) and these are appearing on the SignalK stream on the Raspberry P. I can also use the NMEA tools to generate an XDR record that includes barometric pressure.

What I've been unable to do is get the iKommunicate box to 'see' the SignalK from Openplotter. Both are attached to the same network by Ethernet are up and running with IP addresses assigned by DHCP from the AP/Router.

Question is how SignalK looks at network ports - Openplotter  appears to use port 3000. iKommunicate doesn't specify but seems use port 2000. Neither show any options to change. 

Am I understanding this correctly? If so how do I get the ports to match so that iKommunicate is listening in the right place.
(2018-03-16, 12:23 AM)robertyj Wrote: from Openplotter. Both are attached to the same network by Ethernet are up and running with IP addresses assigned by DHCP from the AP/Router.

Question is how SignalK looks at network ports - Openplotter  appears to use port 3000. iKommunicate doesn't specify but seems use port 2000. Neither show any options to change. 

Am I understanding this correctly? If so how do I get the ports to match so that iKommunicate is listening in the right place.

Add another outport like the :3000 to openplotter | nmea for your ikommuncate. :2000
(2018-03-16, 02:48 PM)holgerw Wrote:
(2018-03-16, 12:23 AM)robertyj Wrote: from Openplotter. Both are attached to the same network by Ethernet are up and running with IP addresses assigned by DHCP from the AP/Router.

Add another outport like the :3000 to openplotter | nmea for your ikommuncate. :2000

Looks like iKommunicate will send NMEA data on port 2000 but not receive - it expects to get NMEA data from the custom interfaces that it provides. SignalK data is available through a rest API of port 80. 

The underlying question is how you get two signalk devices to talk to each other. In a different test, I set up a second Raspberry PI to which I connected some sensors and then specified port 10112 for UDP output. On the primary PI, I specified port 10112 as UDP input expecting/hoping that it would see the signalK data related to the sensors - but nothing.