This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter does not work on Raspberry Pi3B+
Hi Bram,

Yes we know. Our time and human resources are limited, so I think we should not waste time releasing this NOOBS patch. Many things have coincided in time: pipilot integration, HATs development, important improvements on Signal K server, log system, grafana...
We should try to release as less images as possible, every new image will force users to reconfigure all settings and installations. This is a problem for oeSENC charts too.

If someone wants to release an intermediate version we will promote it of course

Regards
i vote to get rid of noobs altogether and have an img. file instead..
(2018-04-17, 11:44 AM)jim321 Wrote: i vote to get rid of noobs altogether and have an img. file instead..

I just tried today openplotter on 3b+   It works only after rpi-update (from 3b pi) and replacing with new noobs.

Finally I had to install wifi driver especially with wget and dpkg install.

We are all awaiting the new openplotter release to fix everything, and also to incorporate updated pypilot and opencpn plugins for it.

Today I am sailing on 30 ton steel boat using windshield wiper motor to 6:1 belt to steering wheel with and perfect control following routes.