This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid desktop entry file openplotter.desktop'
Hello,

The following error will show up, when I try to start openplotter:

Invalid desktop entry file: '/home/pi/.local/share/applications/openplotter.desktop'.

When I started openplotter in debug mode: ~/.config/openplotter/openplotter, the following output will show up and openplotter will start up.

pi@openplotter:~/.config/openplotter $ openplotter
Signal K starting
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>
signalk-server running at 0.0.0.0:3000

cat: /dev/ttyOP_SKVA: No such file or directory

Cannot open NGT-1-A device /dev/ttyOP_N2K

Error reading /home/pi/.openplotter/public/mapcache
GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/self 200 39.024 ms - 19
GET /signalk 200 11.765 ms - 245
GET /signalk 200 3.781 ms - 245
No IMU detected
No humidity sensor detected

Any ideas?

This is the content of the desktop file:

pi@openplotter: applications$ more openplotter.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=OpenPlotter

Exec=openplotter
Icon=/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.ico
StartupNotify=true
Categories=OpenPlotter
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Version=1.0
I changed the line in the desktop file from:

Exec=openplotter

in

Exec=/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter

Now it works.

i don't why!!??

Found the problem: the $PATH was changed and the /home/pi/.config/openplotter was deleted.