This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signalk problem with opencpn and ais
Good morning and thank you very much for your work.

I'm tryng to setup properly the openplotter and there is something that don't work correctly.

First of all the setup

Raspberry Pi 3 updated to last release
Open Plotter last stable release
Powered hub bus with GPS and dongle ais

With the autosetup OO reconize gps but no ais (but in ais calibration i have signal!!!)

Testing signalk for opencpn string is only of gps

In opencpn no signal arrives.

What's wrong?

Someone can help me?

Sorry for my bad english!  Rolleyes
I try the opencpn debug mode, and seems to see the gps (in green), but in the chart the gps signal is always red...   Huh

Nothing from ais.

I read a lot of things from forums but nothing has solved problems.

Some ideas?
autosetup wont show ais.try lsusb in a terminal it should be listed.
if its not greyed out in sdr its there, you need a signal for it to show anything.
have you gone to tools in openplotter nmea 0183 gen.selected openCPN defaults ?
in openCPN do you have the connections setup ?
"try lsusb in a terminal it should be listed." = Yes it's in the list

"have you gone to tools in openplotter nmea 0183 gen.selected openCPN defaults ?" = No. Done nothing change

"in openCPN do you have the connections setup ?" Yes. Testing in debug Nmea i can only see string from gps, but in the chart, the gps signal it's always red!
you should be good on the ais just need some data from a ship boat..
in openplotter nmea tab is the auto-gp selected?
is the gps setup in usb manager tab?
sometimes i need to drag the chart a little to make the gps show connection in openCPN..
sounds like the gps is getting data to openCPN
"you should be good on the ais just need some data from a ship boat.." I'll try on boat, but the fact that in op usb manager tab there isn't the ais sounds strange... don't?

"in openplotter nmea tab is the auto-gp selected?" -> diagnostic ok

"is the gps setup in usb manager tab?" -> yes

"sometimes i need to drag the chart a little to make the gps show connection in openCPN.." check nothing happen

Diagnostic 10109 ok

Debug in openCPN NMEA green message with gps string

It's very frustrating... Sad
ais does not show usb manager tab that's not a prob.
i am at a loss then maybe someone else will chime in
Hope someone else have some other idea!
Thank you very much
What antenna do you have & are ou sure there is AIS being transmitted around you? Marinetraffic shouls show how many boats are around you. Assuming all the setup was successful?

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...eiver.html
(2018-03-29, 05:21 PM)PaddyB Wrote: What antenna do you have & are ou sure there is AIS being transmitted around you? Marinetraffic shouls show how many boats are around you. Assuming all the setup was successful?

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...eiver.html

For AIS i'll try in the boat as soon as possibile, May be i don't have any AIS being trasmitted around me. Follow all the steps of the link, and calibrate it, let's see in next week in the boat.

The GPS signal in Opencpn is more strange... 

my dongle
[Image: 71dZkwHnScL._SL1100_.jpg]