This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intall OpenPlotter RPI v0.10.0 NOOBS on Pi3
Thumbs Up 
(2018-05-10, 10:47 PM)jim321 Wrote: thats the first mention of stretch in the post sorry for the confusion

No Problem . . . I thought it was assumed.  [Image: thumbsup.png]
(2018-05-10, 06:48 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote:
(2018-05-10, 06:32 PM)1jollymon Wrote: Lesson learned . . . do not upgrade to 0.17.0. Stable because it contains Jessie and will not work on RPI B+.  Dodgy

baltika, I finally got around to my B+ and got it all working nicely, thank you for your instructions . . . until . . .  my patience got the best of me. No worries, I'm glad I saved everything to reinstall back on to my SD card.

0.10.0 Stable is not as nice, but it will do until the new update.

Thanks again.

Chris

Well that is odd because on the image I created using the procedure I outlined above I upgraded to 0.17.1 stable and it works fine on my B+.

baltika, I got it working. Had to play around with sudo apt-get update/ . . . upgrade on the model B first and it all fell into place. Thanks!
Hi, thanks for your suggestions, it works to get started Openplotter on Raspberry Pi 3,
But no wifi , the IC2 modules are not found either. nor usb-SDR.
but the usb-gps works.

But no way the Raspberry Pi 3B+ system works, I can install it on pi3B+ with your suggestions, but when the system restarts, it hangs with a yellow flash. 
Have don the update on the pi3, still dos not work on the 3B+

Someone who wants to buy a new Raspberry Pi 3B +  Cool
(2018-05-14, 04:00 PM)Henryl Wrote: Hi, thanks for your suggestions, it works to get started Openplotter on Raspberry Pi 3,
but the usb-gps works.

But no way the Raspberry Pi 3B+ system works, I can install it on pi3B+ with your suggestions, but when the system restarts, it hangs with a yellow flash. 

Sorry to hear that but I have followed the process as I described three times now and it works perfectly fine on the 3B+. Others have done it too.
(2018-05-14, 05:22 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 04:00 PM)Henryl Wrote: Hi, thanks for your suggestions, it works to get started Openplotter on Raspberry Pi 3,
but the usb-gps works.

Sorry to hear that but I have followed the process as I described three times now and it works perfectly fine on the 3B+. Others have done it too.

I followed the steps provided above. I had to first download the latest Stretch NOOBS and unzipped it on my PC, then downloaded the OP 0.10.0 NOOBS onto my PC. Then as described, I merged the Openplotter file in the OP file to the Stretch NOOBS folder. I made a new micro SD and copied & Pasted onto the new SD. I placed it in a model B and booted. After that, I did all the updates in Openplotter update tab (i.e. 0.17.1). I then opened a terminal and did a "sudo apt-get update," and then a "sudo apt-get upgrade," and finally a "sudo rpi-update" which was probably wasn't needed. When everything was done, I moved the SD to my B+ and it booted, although I did not have WiFi or Bluetooth. I then had to follow the steps at this site, provided by Chris, https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu...2327#82327  and just like that . . . I had WiFi. I do suggest you are plugged into an ethernet to a router for internet connection to do all of this. 

It was frustrating but, I got it done. 

I am using a breakout board from SparkFun Qwiic Pi Hat for I2C https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14459, which is plug an play. Recommendation; also order (5 or 6) https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14425 to connect your I2C boards to the Hat.

I'm using the following boards for I2C:

BMP280 Temp/Pressure/Hum
MPU9150 IMU

My rtl_sdr does not show up anywhere except in the tuner and you need a very good antenna. Mine works and I'm getting targets but, it's still a mystery to me as to how it works.

Hope this works for you.

Chris
I got it to work !!! 

Thank you very much för all u help.

Henryl
[/quote]
(2018-05-15, 02:27 AM)Henryl Wrote: I got it to work !!! 

Thank you very much för all u help.

Henryl
[/quote]

I'm glad I could help. 

Chris
I just got a raspberry pie 3+ but my old one is a 2B , not a 3B.
Will the procedure work for me too?

I can off course just try it , but I'll have to get another sd card, so.. Would be nice to know if it should work the same before wasting the whole night trying.

.manitu
I can see no reason why it would not work. It does not depend on any intrinsic feature of a 3B, it simply needs a Pi that is NOT a 3B+.

Good luck.

Chris
Hi, I only have a mac and pc...and a virtual debian
Can i make a bootable openplotter for my brand new 3B+ without having To buy an older pi? Sad

Envoyé de mon unknown en utilisant Tapatalk