• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAN-USB Stick not sending info to Signal K
Hi,

I hooked up my CAN-USB stick (current version) to OP today. Selected the CAN-USB stick and then checked the debug. All looked good there. Then I enabled the input, but nothing from the N2K system seems to be going to the Signal K server. No N2K info shows up on the Signal K diagnostics.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
More info:

I messed around with OP and the CAN-USB stick today. I tried disabling a bunch of sensors, configuration changes.

What it ended up causing the problem is the MPU-9255. Soon as I disabled the compass outputs everything worked fine. I tried it several times and the issue repeated.

Any ideas?

Thanks
looks like its being addressed in the next release.
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/c...172dfacbf9
Thanks for the info Jim!
N2K management has been rebuilt, fixed and improved on OP 1.x.x
Thanks for reporting
Still having the same problem with V1.0.

I can see all the pngs in the debug window but as soon as the NMEA2000 input is enabled the SK diagnostic screen will not show anything and has too be forced closed.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Please conect your device, open a terminal an type openplotter. Then go to serial tab, select the device in the list, press auto and then apply.

After doing this the option enable N2K input in CAN tab should be checked and you should get data.

Do you get any error in terminal window?
What pngs are you sending to the device from your N2K network?
(06-21-2018, 01:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Please conect your device, open a terminal an type openplotter. Then go to serial tab, select the device in the list, press auto and then apply.

After doing this the option enable N2K input in CAN tab should be checked and you should get data.

Do you get any error in terminal window?
What pngs are you sending to the device from your N2K network?

Ill take some screen shots of the PNGs and post them. As well as do the other requested things.

The CAN-USB device will connect to OP and checking the the enable N2K network box will enable it, but once these are complete the signal K diagnostic window will freeze when opened showing no data. The signal K diagnostic window must then be forced closed at this point. If I leave the enable N2K network box unchecked all of the PNG information is viewable in the N2K diagnostic window.

My suspicion is that CAN-USB device is attempting to populate a signal K code already in use by an I2C device.

Will also attempt to enable the CAN-USB with the I2C bus disabled and see what happens.
If you check the enable N2K network box SignalK stops and starts again with different configuration. The SignalK diagnostic window doesn't like that SignalK was stopped.
"My suspicion is that CAN-USB device is attempting to populate a signal K code already in use by an I2C device."
There wouldn't be any problem than filtering the not wanted SignalK!
Your problem hasn't to do with openplotter code. Canboat is started from SignalK. When Canboat was started from OpenPlotter you already saw your PGNs.
So Canboat works and CAN-USB works. I don't know why SignalK shouldn't work.
Have a look at signalk-admin (browser 10.10.10.1:3000)