This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper
(2018-05-02, 10:55 AM)Smartell Wrote: Hi Paddy.

Checksums...I have no information about the NASA messages beyond what i have posted earlier from the auto-setup (MWW sentences) and i see no checksum there. How can i get the logs/messages you are asking for?

My NASA Clipper Wind is brand new but i don't know if the checksums are correct. I think that they mention in Stripydog Kplex Config that you can turn off the checksum locally [checksum=no] in the "Advanced" config so i tried that but it still did not work. 

Sounds a bit ambitious to have an Arduino recalculating the checksums bu i would be interested in trying that if nothing else works, have a few lying around. Of course, it would be nice if the NASA gear was supported by Open Plotter and i really hope that the new hats/sw will support that part of the market.

Tell me if there is something that i can do to help you help me

Can you see the messages anywhere? Should look something like - $WIMWV,27,R,00,N,A*0C (This is one with the wrong checksum - it should be - $WIMWV,27,R,00,N,A*26 . Check it online here - http://www.hhhh.org/wiml/proj/nmeaxor.html)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper - by PaddyB - 2018-05-02, 11:02 AM