This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper
Hi,

I feel that i have narrowed down the problems a bit:

Looking at cat /dev/ttyUSB0 i get:

$WIMWV,78,R,10.9,N,A*3A
$WIMWV,78,R,10.0,N,A*33
$WIMWV,78,R,9.4,N,A*0F
$WIMWV,78,R,8.9,N,A*03
$WIMWV,78,R,8.2,N,A*08
$WIMWV,78,R,7.7,N,A*02
$WIMWV,78,R,6.9,N,A*09
$WIMWV,78,R,6.6,N,A*02
$WIMWV,78,R,6.2,N,A*06
$WIMWV,78,R,5.6,N,A*01
$WIMWV,78,R,5.0,N,A*04
$WIMWV,78,R,4.6,N,A*0E
$WIMWV,78,R,4.4,N,A*02
$WIMWV,78,R,4.2,N,A*04
$WIMWV,78,R,4.0,N,A*06
$WIMWV,78,R,3.9,N,A*08

...but without linefeeds (it overwrites the same row in the terminal window). It looks like i get correct information above with the correct checksums from my NASA mast unit

If i look at  cat /dev/ttyUSB1 (which is my GPS) i get nice new lines for each NMEA message - and that is nicely handled by Kplex, shws up in "Diagnostic" etc

Looking at the auosetup in openplotter  i clearly see that it does not read the NMEA input (available as shown above in the ttyUSB0)  from my mast unit correctly - it messes up the checksum and have a problem finishing the autosetup without hanging

So, the raspberry reads the NMEA input from my mast unit correctly but OpenPlotter sees something else - and can't handle it.

What to do... definitely seems like a quite serious bug to me ...  :-(

In my desperation i have now also installed the latest Noob on a new Pi 3+ and tried it out there, but no joy - exactly the same issues. Reads nicely in ttyUSB0 but noting is received/shown/used in open plotter.

/M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper - by Smartell - 2018-06-13, 08:54 PM