This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper
(2018-06-20, 01:16 PM)Smartell Wrote: Wow Chinese !

No problem, i will add the code and see beauty and function arise!

How does it work then, is node red running in open plotter all the time as a part of it? Am i adding something to the original functionality with this? Is this a permanent solution or just debugging?

You can set node red to automatically start when openplotter starts, in the startup tab. Sounds like yours is set already. With that set then it will just do what you've programmed in the background so it can be a permanent solution. You can do so much more with it as well, send the wind data to a graph or save it to a file. Great program! 
The author of kplex is actually a friend of mine, he should see the thread on google , if not I'll email him an ask how hard it would be to add an option of accepting just a newline.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting NMEA Wind data from NASA Clipper - by PaddyB - 2018-06-20, 01:24 PM