This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermal Printer
I would like to add a thermal printer to openplotter to print a "distress" file with info about position and radio procedures.
Can I follow this page to start with?
http://natemcbean.com/2012/11/rpi-thermal-printer/
Tnks a lot

Rpi3
Op 0.17
Hi, 
I don't know if you can follow that instructions or not. Obviously, you haven't to install a raspbian, because you do have installed one.

But I want to give you some advice, as I'm a Linux user (and I have been a beginner, and perhaps I am already...). Excuse me if it isn't necessary... 

Quote:Change the file /boot/cmdline.txt with your favorite text editor (remember to sudo edit because its a normally locked file). You need to remove references to the /dev/ttyAMA0 device. For me, this changed from

Before you make some changes in such a configuration file, I recommend you to make a copy of that file in a term:

Code:
sudo cp /path/file /path/file.backup
In the example, sudo cp /boot/cmdline.txt /boot/cmdline.txt.backup 
(cp is a console command to copy a file or directory)

If after edition you have some problem, you can restore the original file with this command, for example:

Code:
sudo cp /boot/cmdline.txt.backup /boot/cmdline.txt

Good luck  Wink
(2018-04-25, 03:51 PM)Otoio Wrote: Hi, 
I don't know if you can follow that instructions or not. Obviously, you haven't to install a raspbian, because you do have installed one.

But I want to give you some advice, as I'm a Linux user (and I have been a beginner, and perhaps I am already...). Excuse me if it isn't necessary... 

Quote:Change the file /boot/cmdline.txt with your favorite text editor (remember to sudo edit because its a normally locked file). You need to remove references to the /dev/ttyAMA0 device. For me, this changed from

Before you make some changes in such a configuration file, I recommend you to make a copy of that file in a term:

Code:

If after edition you have some problem, you can restore the original file with this command, for example:

Code:

Good luck  Wink

Tnks a lot!!!
But /dev/ttyAMA0 make me in doubt .....

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
(2018-04-30, 01:31 AM)callmecalanca Wrote:
(2018-04-25, 03:51 PM)Otoio Wrote: Hi, 

Code:

Code:

Good luck  Wink

Tnks a lot!!!
But /dev/ttyAMA0 make me in doubt .....

Can I utilize /dev/tty/AMA0 for the printer or I will compromise some openplotter features?

(2018-04-30, 10:49 AM)callmecalanca Wrote: Can I  utilize /dev/tty/AMA0 for the printer or I will compromise some openplotter features?

Excuse me, but I am a beginner in OpenPlotter and in raspbian to give you an answer  Sad  .

I hope you'll get some help.
a lot easier to print laminate this and post it near the radio.

.pdf   vhf_training-mayday-dsc.pdf (Size: 50.56 KB / Downloads: 200)
(2018-04-30, 01:33 PM)jim321 Wrote: a lot easier to print laminate this and post it near the radio.

Tnks a lot!!! Amazing idea !!! I will build a laminate machine!!!!

good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!