• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor sleep state in Openplotter
I've just set up my Openplotter install here at the house prior to moving to the boat. I have one issue that I can't seem to find info on. I'm still searching for a low power display so in the meantime have just a regular LCD monitor. Is there a way in Openplotter to have the monitor go into sleep or standby mode after a couple of minutes of inactivity then wake with a key press or mouse movement. This would save a bunch of power for the monitor but OpenCPN could be checked everytime I went past the nav station.
I'm a linux noob so any instructions for the command line would have to take that into account.
Thanks for any help.
Colin
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=47550

try this ..but then it might sleep when you want to see it ???
add hdmi_blanking=1 to /boot/config.txt

i am going to have the same prob soon.. i think i'll just use the power switch on the monitor..
Thanks for the reply.
I did find that thread earlier but was hoping there was an easier way. Pretty much all other computers do this.

Possibly a suggestion for the developers as one of the greatest benefits of the RPi is its low power use.

The power button would work but requires remembering to turn it off each time rather than a timed sleep.