This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter
(2018-05-19, 08:25 PM)jim321 Wrote: the way it is now "openplotter" you need two networks one to connect to internet the other to be openplotter network.
either connect to the groove thru wired and bridge eth0 under wifi tab.or use a usb adapter to connect to either groove or inhouse wifi and under the same tab pick the usb from the dropdown share internet device .ex wlan1
the groove thing is not necessary and just puts more complexity in the network..
all of this will be changed in the next release SOON.. you will be able to use the onboard wifi for both internet and ap"openplotter net"

Not sure I understand what you're saying.

To be clear the set up I have a the moment is the groove connected to the Pi via ethernet and providing internet. I have the bridge eth0 tab checked and I'm connecting wirelessly to the Pi onboard wireless. This is how I want to use it on the boat and seems to be working OK except that I can't get the internet on my laptop via the Pi.
Are you saying that this is not something I'm doing wrong but a limitation of Openplotter until the next release.

Messages In This Thread
Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by Kaya3 - 2018-05-15, 07:28 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by jim321 - 2018-05-15, 07:45 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by Kaya3 - 2018-05-19, 08:01 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by jim321 - 2018-05-19, 08:25 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by Kaya3 - 2018-05-19, 09:14 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by jim321 - 2018-05-19, 09:43 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by jim321 - 2018-05-20, 01:20 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by Kaya3 - 2018-05-20, 08:22 PM
RE: Mikrotik Groove and Openplotter - by Kaya3 - 2018-06-02, 09:01 PM