This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compass calibration does not start
Running a Raspberry Pi 3 with latest update of Openplotter and with a compass chip bought from Sailoog. OpenPlotter recognizes the IMU as InvenSense MPU-9255 in the Compass tab but nothing happens when I press the Calibration or Scope buttons?
it takes a little time for the popup to show.
in a terminal paste this

sudo i2cdetect -y 1

you should see a "68"

how are you viewing op, monitor vnc rdt ?
it wont work with rdt "remote desktop".
I am using a monitor connected to the PiConfused hdmi port.
It is not just a matter of waiting, I have tried that...

I will test i2cdetect again tonight but i am quite sure I have done that before and got 68 as reply.
Is it possible to start the calibration via the terminal and get any errors that way?
it should work i cant think of a reason that it wouldn't . reboot try again,is the best advice i can give sorry.
I did some more testing last night after reading this thread, but I don't seem to have the folder imu in /.config>/openplotter...

I started OpenPlotter from the terminal and got the attached result.

After a bit of more searching and reading on the forum I found this thread about a similar issue. I am running OpenPLotter 0.17.1 stable, there seems to be an update to a new alpha version but since I am leaving for a cruise to Shetland, Orkney and Scotland in two weeks I want a stable version running. Is it possible to force the same update I have to be reinstalled?
What would running /home/pi/.config/openplotter/update/update_OpenPlotter.sh do?

Attached Files Image(s)

It seems that you have a failed pypilot installation. You can force an update to the same version 0.17.1 to try to fix it. Be sure you have a good internet connection.

You can not update to the new v1.0.0 alpha from v0.10.0 stable
How do I force an update?
Tried bash ./update_OpenPlotter.sh in the terminal in \home\pi\.config\openplotter\update bit I get an error...

Attached Files Image(s)

run openplotter use the update at the top and reinstall
Just select update openplotter from menu updates. If you are up to date it give you the option to force update, isn't it? maybe I changed this and I can not remember.

If this does not work open /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf

and replace

[GENERAL]
version = 0.17.1

by

[GENERAL]
version = 0.16.1

open openplotter and update.
How do I restore a openplotter bak file?
This didnt go well...

I still have opencpn but openplotter is gone... Icon Still There.
What to do? I dont want to reinstall everything from THE beginning..

(2018-05-29, 08:59 PM)s99kalle Wrote: How do I restore a openplotter bak file?
This didnt go well...

I still have opencpn but openplotter is gone... Icon Still There.
What to do? I dont want to reinstall everything from THE beginning..

Back from the boat and quite desperate...
I am going sailing thursday night and really need my Openplotter. It was a bad mistake trying to update...

Did according to the instructions but the update went wrong and openplotter doesn't work anymore. Is it possible to restore the bak-file and how do I do it?