This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New OpenPlotter v1.0.0 available!!!!
Thumbs Up 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(2018-05-30, 10:43 AM)yebo Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

but it looks like you can't update from the existing build.... Cry
(2018-05-29, 08:21 PM)abarrow Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 12:13 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have updated the thread with the new features.
I want to release the plain img (not noobs) but I do not want to create a file of 8GB. Do you know an easy way to reduce and distribute SD images? All methods I found are unstable.
Couldn't you just create the 8g image, then zip it? The empty space will go away in the zip.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

The empty space may not go away by zip unless you write zeros to the unallocated blocks.   I don't suggest using the zip format, it's not very good.  It would be best to distribute the image with xz compression.

The image would not work on smaller sd cards like 4gb.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a hook to resize the root partition on first boot?

Everyone has different size cards, so "8gb" is arbitrary.  So the partition should be shrunk as much as possible, then the image written to just cover this.   This as the added benefit of making the image faster to write to the disk.
Yes, but there is an additional problem. SDs from same brand and capacity actually have Kb of difference and sometimes you get an error when burning.

Maybe we have a solution: https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/issues/211
Dear Sailoog,

thanks for all your efforts to produce the OP version 1.0.0. It works great and with the OpenGL setting the glxgears are running at 1000 FBS.

Congratulatios with this success. This makes the small RPI great !

Bram
(2018-05-31, 06:52 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: Dear Sailoog,

thanks for all your efforts to produce the OP version 1.0.0. It works great and with the OpenGL setting the glxgears are running at 1000 FBS.

Bram

Hi Bram,

Thanks to you for your help in opencpn plugins development and openplotter testing!!!
Uploaded an img file: http://www.sailoog.com/blog-categories/openplotter-rpi

It is 2.8G compressed / 8.1G uncompressed. We are investigating the best way to create shorter files.
(2018-05-31, 06:52 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: Dear Sailoog,

Bram

Dear Bram, what settings do you have to get that FPS out of the RPI? I have hardwear OpenGL and softwear OPENGL and I can squeese out 45 FPS using glxgears as messurement with my RPI 7"screen.

Olle
vblank_mode=0 glxgears
19"hdmi
3293 frames in 5.0 seconds = 658.506 FPS
3259 frames in 5.0 seconds = 651.135 FPS
3547 frames in 5.0 seconds = 709.262 FPS
3237 frames in 5.0 seconds = 647.390 FPS
3220 frames in 5.0 seconds = 643.974 FPS
4020 frames in 5.0 seconds = 803.846 FPS

default settings
running glxgears without the arg "vblank_mode=0" it only shows fps to the refresh rate

"Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate."
(2018-06-01, 06:47 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Uploaded an img file: http://www.sailoog.com/blog-categories/openplotter-rpi

It is 2.8G compressed / 8.1G uncompressed. We are investigating the best way to create shorter files.

Thanks a lot! just in time for next cruise...

Christian