This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New to Openplotter - a few beginner issues
ls .openplotter/Network returns a directory called 'default'

pi@openplotter:~ $ cat .openplotter/start-ap-managed-wifi.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 30
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0 -j MASQUERADE
sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o wlan1 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan1 -o wlan0 -j ACCEPT
The output from clicking on 'status' in the network tab can be seen in the attachment.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok you choose the profile "client". OK
But you didn't activate it.
click apply - click yes - reboot
I have clicked 'set' multiple times, I have clicked 'apply' multiple times and rebooted, none of them make any difference. I even just did it again now. Still Openplotter is broadcasting on 10.10.10.1
start the apply process by hand.
open a terminal
cd .openplotter/Network/default
sudo bash install.sh

Any error?
(2018-06-02, 06:07 PM)mikedeflieslife Wrote: I have clicked 'set' multiple times, I have clicked 'apply' multiple times and rebooted, none of them make any difference. I even just did it again now. Still Openplotter is broadcasting on 10.10.10.1

I just personally tested it with a clean and it works as expected. After choosing client mode, apply and restart, the AP point is disconnected and I can connect to my wifi perfectly.

It's strange what you say is wrong with you. Have you tried reinstalling from scratch and see if it works properly? It could be a permissions issue that won't allow you to save your changes. Problems with the file system being mounted in read-only mode or weird stuff like that.
It's not like the sea has such a bad temper.
The real bastard is the wind.
The sea... simply gets carried away.
(2018-06-02, 06:07 PM)mikedeflieslife Wrote: I have clicked 'set' multiple times, I have clicked 'apply' multiple times and rebooted, none of them make any difference. I even just did it again now. Still Openplotter is broadcasting on 10.10.10.1

Hi, I lost the WiFi after using my ethernet. It seams like I had lost my WiFi-country. After setting it once again and making reboot from Lxt-terminal it worked again. Maybe you have lost yours too?

/Olle
(2018-06-03, 10:40 PM)LaMare Wrote:

Hi, I lost the WiFi after using my ethernet. It seams like I had lost my WiFi-country. After setting it once again and making reboot from Lxt-terminal it worked again. Maybe you have lost yours too?

/Olle

Well after that it fell back to the problem you seam to have. After restarting SEVERAL times I do not get it to work properly when restarting more than one time in a row. I have got it to work when switching it to AP+Client wlan0 and making a reboot and directly after that turning back to Client only and making a reboot. During that reboot when Wifi comes up searching I click the WiFi. At that point it asks if I want to disconnect Wifi, but it is hidden behind the OpenPlotter check. When that check is done and I click abort on the disconnect question it has stayed with Wifi on. But a restart makes it go back to the same problem. It seams like the Openplotter check turns of WiFi and goes back to the previus setting as the last thing it does?
/Olle