This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heading magnetic ocpn
i was setting up dashboard ocpn. the true compass only gets data when basic autopilot is picked in pypilot tab. and doesn't work with IMU only.
just an observation.
Yes, if you set "IMU only" You generates signal k data and you have to translate to NMEA0183 with the SK plugin. but if you set "basic autopilot" pypilot generates NMEA 0183 and you have to do nothing.

I am not happy with this neither. I will change this on next update to be automatic and obfuscated to user.
thanks
also noticed in tools ocpn defaults nmea generator that there is roll and pitch but not heading.
is this connected to the signal k generator now ?
(2018-06-01, 12:42 PM)jim321 Wrote: thanks
also noticed in tools ocpn defaults  nmea generator  that there is roll and pitch but not heading.
is this connected to the signal k generator now ?

Same here, no way to generate the HDG or HDM sentence ..... Plus I get nothing when I run SK Diagnostic and when I try to close the window it hangs and I get an error message and I have to force an 'End process'. If I go into the SignalK web interface I don't have the app store or server just Webapps. Because of this I'm not getting any output (GPS, AIS, and Heading) to my plotter/finder 

Luckily I did it on a new SD card so all I have to do is pop the old one in and I'm back in business with the old version. I need to get this mounted in my boat this weekend so I'm not going to do anything when the new version. It is already doing everything I needed it to do and the only real perk to upgrading that I saw so my application was being able to set the WiFi up as both an AP and a client
"If I go into the SignalK web interface I don't have the app store or server just Webapps. "

i think you need to sign in first, top right
i get all the info for heading magnetic roll pitch in sk diagnostics
have you calibrated the imu.?

"Plus I get nothing when I run SK Diagnostic and when I try to close the window it hangs and I get an error message and I have to force an 'End process'."

i use to get that too on v.0.17 i think it was a power problem havent had it with a new power supply
or on this release. v1.0