This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter incoming PGNs ?
(08-08-2018, 03:53 PM)Opie91 Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 01:16 AM)Alpenskipper Wrote: @e-sailing: Sorry for my late reply and thanks a lot for your comment.
I guess I have to wait for a simpler solution for filtering incoming PGNs, your approach is to complicated for me.

It would be great to be able to filter incoming PGNs in the same way, outgoing PGNs are selectable.

Agree 100%?

I wanted to add my thoughts on this. I totally agree - this would be a great feature.  In most N2K devices, you can select which sources to use for each type of data - and the filter here would help with that.

For example, in my boat, I have at least one device which, for some unknown reason, constantly sends out an incorrect magnetic variation - and it's not even a GPS device!  So I'd like to just ignore that PGN from that particular source. Also, I have a chartplotter with a built-in GPS, plus my main GPS antenna about 2-3 feet behind it on the stern rail. I want OP to only pay attention to the main GPS antenna, so would again like to be able to choose sources by the combination of PGN and source.

Thanks!