This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to find license file for O-charts charts
Hi, when I am on the web site for O-chart and want to register a new hardware, I have to find the license file on my RPI. How do I do that when I can't see the hidden libraries? I have managed to install anyway by making /.opencpn visible and copying the license file to the desktop from where I could insert it for the O-charts page.
How do the rest of you handle this? Is it supposed to work this way? Maybe a question for the OE-senc plugin?

/Olle
set view|show hidden files in the file manager

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
(2018-06-04, 08:04 AM)PaddyB Wrote: set view|show hidden files in the file manager

I know PaddyB. But that option is not at hand and does not inflict the interface you have when you open the file search in O-charts as I recall it. I did that in file handler and could therefor copy the file into desktop.
/Olle
Ah, sorry , see what you mean. Think I did it from a laptop but copying the file to the desktop on the Pi just takes a couple of seconds.

(2018-06-04, 09:11 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Ah, sorry , see what you mean. Think I did it from a laptop but copying the file to the desktop on the Pi just takes a couple of seconds.

Yes right, but a common user starting with OP as an easy access to RPI and the O-charts for Norway or Sweden will not be a "hacker" even in that sence. Big Grin He will need an intreface that is intuitive otherwise he will give it up and buy a Garmin. Sad 

/Olle
(2018-06-04, 10:37 AM)LaMare Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 09:11 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Ah, sorry , see what you mean. Think I did it from a laptop but copying the file to the desktop on the Pi just takes a couple of seconds.

Yes right, but a common user starting with OP as an easy access to RPI and the O-charts for Norway or Sweden will not be a "hacker" even in that sence. Big Grin He will need an intreface that is intuitive otherwise he will give it up and buy a Garmin. Sad 

/Olle

It's nothing to do with openplotter - you could put it in here if you think it should be changed -
https://opencpn.org/flyspray/
Or ask on the opencpn forum -
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/
Olle, on that window click right button and select "show hidden". With the new oeSENC plugin version you do not need to upload a fingerprint any longer. All is done through the opencpn interface.