This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send info from MPU9250 with a ESP32
(2018-06-07, 07:51 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Has anyone already progressed on this line or can point me in the right direction?

You could use one of those cheap travel routers.
Average current draw with WiFi is 125mA, idle is 68mA.
I send MQTT messages to OpenPlotter without issues from 5 meter, never tested a greater distance. Not sure if 1sec. interval would be reliable, I only send short messages on button presses or switch moves.
These old mini routers may not provide enough space with 4MB rom only, better a recent model with 8MB.
4MB is just enough for OpenWRT and Mosquitto, my setup excluding I2C binaries which would be needed to connect a MPU9250, has only 100kb left, I'm not sure if that would be enough for adding I2C.
As mentioned, these boxes can be complemented with an I2C bus after some soldering, see https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020
I'm using such a box as a remote control to send my button presses or switch moves over MQTT to Node Red, that way I can cycle through sensor data which I see on an 8×8 bright RGB LED matrix.

Messages In This Thread
Send info from MPU9250 with a ESP32 - by Pkarl45 - 2018-06-05, 12:11 PM
RE: Send info from MPU9250 with a ESP32 - by JeroenAdam - 2018-06-07, 08:08 AM