This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] SPI MCP3008 not working in 1.0.0
My connections are good. The SPI interface is enabled. I boot from a 0.17 SD card and it works. Put in v1 and it does not with same settings. I see it in signal k but 0 volts. With or without conversion through table.

Also, the word "aktiv" in this module shows in English translation, I assume this should say "active". It has been that way forever.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
There was a change! Pypilot needs spi with sc0. So we changed mpc3008 to spi with sc1. Sorry it's not documented.
(2018-06-10, 11:00 PM)e-sailing Wrote: There was a change! Pypilot needs spi with sc0. So we changed mpc3008 to spi with sc1. Sorry it's not documented.
Moved wire from pin 24 ce0 to pin 26 ce1. It works!

It is moitessier hat which needs the spi with sc0 Smile
that's what i thought...pypilot is serial
Btw another change with mpc3008 was needed because the chip wasn't able to work at high spi bus speed as used today in Raspbian Stretch. We reduced the bus speed.
That has also influence on the values. Now they are more stable. Your old calibration isn't good anymore. A new calibration must be made!!!
(2018-06-15, 07:49 PM)e-sailing Wrote: Btw another change with mpc3008 was needed because the chip wasn't able to work at high spi bus speed as used today in Raspbian Stretch. We reduced the bus speed.
That has also influence on the values. Now they are more stable. Your old calibration isn't good anymore. A new calibration must be made!!!
Thanks - I thought my batteries looked to be doing better than remembered.