This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headless Access Point Mode
Hi,

I am trying to setup open plotter headless mode with an AP but I seem stuck any advice would be appreciated.

RPI 2
OpenPlotter 0.8 (Checksum is ok)
Write image to SD card with dd
load up boot drive
edit config.txt with;
- device=wlan0, SSID , password etc
Boot up and no AP appears

To troubleshoot:
- connect serial cable
- boot is normal, login as pi and sudo to root
- ifconfig shows wlan0 without ip address
- lsusbĀ Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

so I figure better check my work, go to /boot/ and check config.txt i note everything i have changed is there except it just has "device=" no wlan0

so I use nano (with sudo) and edit it again, close, open it again and check changes are present reboot and get the same result.

For a laugh I copy config.txt to config.txt2 and reboot and I can see both files. config.txt2 is good and config.txt has changed again.

I am sure I am doing something stupid but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex
strange behavior.

Activate AP editing boot/config.txt with default values. Run openplotter, connect by serial and type

Code:
nano /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.conf

if the section [WIFI] contains the correct values, type

Code:
sudo python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/wifi_server.py 1

Any error?