This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do I pipe temp data from 1W to kplex for distribution as NMEA0183
(2018-07-15, 08:15 PM)e-sailing Wrote: All things are correct 24.81 K is -248.3 C  (24.81-273.15).
Signalk uses only SI units!!! But you generated a signalk value with C (SI unit for temperature is K).
The diag has a selection private Unit. This converts signalk values to readable units only for diag! Switch it off. Now look if the value is correct (it isn't and you will see that bme value is (273.15+26.19)).

The temperature value you send with mqtt must be in Kelvin.
Thanks.
changed mqtt to send in K works now, any way to display in fahrenheit.?
i looked on cruisers forum there was a post about that 5 yrs ago with no response Sad
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/show...ost2674322
(2018-07-15, 10:57 AM)CVL Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 07:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: when you connect a serial device and assign it to NMEA 0183 output in serial tab, you will send TCP 10110 data by this device with all the NMEA 0183 data of your system.

Ok, so I assigned on the serial tab the serial line going to the cockpit instrument to the  NMEA output - sadly the temp still doesn't show up. Any way to debug this flow?
Well, I found the culprit - at last. For reasons completely beyond my understanding, the USB-serial converter seems to not pass along the  MTW sentence.

Yesterday night I desperately tried another converter, and there the temp showed up on the display. this is quite astonishing, as I used a high quality converter-cable for the cockpit instrument, not a cheap one... but the cheap one works ...

Only question that pops up is whether the voltage level generated when the signal comes from SK is less then that of the kplexed signals from other serial sources? But I don't have a oscilloscope to check so this will probably rest one of the mysteries of electronics ...

fair winds
Christian
What about the following scenario?

I want to keep sending from /dev/ttyUSB0 to Kplex as always AND I want to send NMEA0183 out with Signal K plugin "Convert Signal K to NMEA0183", both on the same serial device namely my Miniplex3 multiplexer. But how?

My use case is a simulated depth (using Signal K delta simulator), which is already showing up fine in OpenCPN.
I want to get the depth sentences on the Seatalk network (Miniplex 3 supports bidirectional Seatalk-NMEA0183 conversion). You guessed it, no depth sentences on the Seatalk network for now, more below.

Once that works, It would allow me to bypass the ST60 depth unit which I suspect its microcontroller having failed, though I could keep using the display, it still works fine. I could replace the faulty processing unit with an Actisense DST-2 sending depth readings over NMEA0183 into SignalK and hopefully back to the cockpit, to both steer stands.