This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do I pipe temp data from 1W to kplex for distribution as NMEA0183
(2018-06-21, 06:28 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Sorry I can not give you a timeline but I will try to do this on next v1.0.3 maybe v1.1.0

Yes, you will create a loop nbecause signal k will get all data unfiltered.

I'll wait.

In the meantime I looked at SignalK configuration, especially the converter plugin. But I found only a tick-box to create MTW sentence from SK data, no way to configure which SK-key gets translated to MTW-sentence. Do I have to dive into the json-configuration? I am not too keen ...

I gave the 1W-sensor the environment.water.temp key, but now I see in SK-diagnostics window on 1W-tab two MTW-sentences with different data: 1 empty sentence with ID OPkplex, and one with the 1W-sensors value. Where does the empty sentence come from? No other of my equipment is feeding MTW-sentence ... mystery

thanks for any hints
Christian
(2018-06-21, 06:28 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, you will create a loop nbecause signal k will get all data unfiltered.
I continued on this issue. I am able to cut the loop by adding:

1) a output filter to the system default settings which will stop all **MTW sentences going to SignalK
2) adding a input with filter, listening on port 10110, taking in only **MTW and dropping all other sentences:
Code:
[tcp]
name=signalk
direction=out
mode=server
port=30330
ofilter=-**MTW:+all

###end of defaults

###OpenPlotter GUI settings

[tcp]
name=mtw
direction=in
address=10.10.10.1
port=10110
ifilter=+**MTW:-all
This works, I have the temp on my cockpit instrument. After booting, the Pi is idling along and just "kplexing" data, I have a CPU-load of about 10%

but: when I start Signal-K via the taskbar (chromium loading http://localhost :3000) CPU usage soars up to 90%, "top" shows "node" eating up 100% of one kernel... looking at .kplex.conf, the system part is overwritten, and the output filter lost, so the loop you mentioned is setting in...

cheers
Christian
An NMEA 0183 output has been added in serial assignments in v1.1.0
(2018-07-12, 06:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote: An NMEA 0183 output has been added in serial assignments in v1.1.0

Thanks a lot, Sailoog. I updated and tried this afternoon on the boat, but I would not work quite out of the box.
Is there a place where I have to activate SK-> serial? 

I looked on SK admin web page, but couldn't find anything ...
the serial tab didn't show anything new neither
and in kplex, after the update everything was as I left it, with my in- and output filter, as I wrote earlier. I changed this to have the old kplex.conf, but it wouldn't work... restarted SK several times to be sure...

thanks for your advice
Christian
All NMEA 0183 data you get from serial or kplex tabs are sent to SK and automatically sent to TCP 10110.
All data you get from CAN tab or any sensor tab (GPIO, 1W, I2C...) are sent to SK and if you want to convert it to NMEA 0183 you have to use the "SK to NMEA 0183" SK plugin and it will be sent to TCP 10110 too.

when you connect a serial device and assign it to NMEA 0183 output in serial tab, you will send TCP 10110 data by this device with all the NMEA 0183 data of your system.
(2018-07-13, 06:18 PM)CVL Wrote:
(2018-07-12, 06:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote: An NMEA 0183 output has been added in serial assignments in v1.1.0

Thanks a lot, Sailoog. I updated and tried this afternoon on the boat, but I would not work quite out of the box.
Is there a place where I have to activate SK-> serial? 

I looked on SK admin web page, but couldn't find anything ...
the serial tab didn't show anything new neither
and in kplex, after the update everything was as I left it, with my in- and output filter, as I wrote earlier. I changed this to have the old kplex.conf, but it wouldn't work... restarted SK several times to be sure...

thanks for your advice
Christian

I noticed in my update today whilst it was running that it couldn't find a file "python_signalk" or some such but it updated everything else. Could this be the problem? I don't think it updated Signal K...
(2018-07-13, 07:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: All NMEA 0183 data you get from serial or kplex tabs are sent to SK and automatically sent to TCP 10110.
All data you get from CAN tab or any sensor tab (GPIO, 1W, I2C...) are sent to SK and if you want to convert it to NMEA 0183 you have to use the "SK to NMEA 0183" SK plugin and it will be sent to TCP 10110 too.

when you connect a serial device and assign it to NMEA 0183 output in serial tab, you will send TCP 10110 data by this device with all the NMEA 0183 data of your system.

Ok, so I assigned on the serial tab the serial line going to the cockpit instrument to the NMEA output - sadly the temp still doesn't show up. Any way to debug this flow?
If I look with opencpn on the general tcp 10110 flux, a "IIMTW" sentence is there with correct data - I guess this would be the sentence which SK generated from 1W data?

cheers
Christian

(2018-07-13, 08:39 PM)AliceJ21 Wrote: I noticed in my update today whilst it was running that it couldn't find a file "python_signalk" or some such but it updated everything else. Could this be the problem? I don't think it updated Signal K...

I had the update running whils't I did other things, so I didn't notice any anomaly. SK is still version 1.4, so I think it didn't change from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 - but then, I didn't check for changes under the hood ...

thanks
Christian

i have water temp from mqtt it shows K in diag. while bme shows C. real data is in C.
i have tried to get it to display in opencpn and always get wrong data. 
using sk to do MTW nmea conversion. tried several conversions in node red .

is it that mqtt topic come's in as a notification and not as sensor..
i had it working with a 1Wire from the rpi..
All things are correct 24.81 K is -248.3 C  (24.81-273.15).
Signalk uses only SI units!!! But you generated a signalk value with C (SI unit for temperature is K).
The diag has a selection private Unit. This converts signalk values to readable units only for diag! Switch it off. Now look if the value is correct (it isn't and you will see that bme value is (273.15+26.19)).

The temperature value you send with mqtt must be in Kelvin.
(2018-07-15, 10:57 AM)CVL Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 07:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: All NMEA 0183 data you get from serial or kplex tabs are sent to SK and automatically sent to TCP 10110.

Ok, so I assigned on the serial tab the serial line going to the cockpit instrument to the  NMEA output - sadly the temp still doesn't show up. Any way to debug this flow?
If I look with opencpn on the general tcp 10110 flux, a "IIMTW" sentence is there with correct data - I guess this would be the sentence which SK generated from 1W data?

I dived a bit deeper, and saw that you configured a second kplex process with a separated config-file. So I know now how to look at the flux.
I still don't know why the IIMTW-sentence doesn't show up on the cockpit display, maybe the display (Advansea Multi S400) is tickly about the sender ID... I'll try to change it in the nmea-plugin ...
will report back ...
Christian