This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node red embedded into signalk
i did this and got gpio to install from palette manager
npm cache clean --force
reboot

ok installed dash too..
got all extra nodes installed and flows transferred to embedded instance
just gotta get the steel series gauges installed
I have been able to install all extra nodes too. No need of cache cleaning. Could the others confirm the jim321 solution? thanks!
I've created a node-red channel on the Signal K Slack site. Feel free to join us there for more realtime discussions and support.

Join the developers on Slack
Hi, from ignorance,
What differences are there with the way of obtaining the data so far with nodered? What improves?
Is it possible to install signal k from manage palette from nodered?

Thanks, saludos
What we are discussing here is a new plugin for signalk-node-server. You install this into the node server, you can't install signalk into node red.

My intensions here were to extend node server and allow for power users to easily manipulate or react to or import data into Signal K.  Existing methods of getting data into Signal K have not changed.

In case you missed it, there are some examples here: https://github.com/SignalK/node-red-embedded

-=Scott
Don't know if this is relevant, but in a previous version of OP I had to add ther user pi to sudoers to allow installation of new nodes using the pallete manager.