This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPCPN+OP+RPi+CAN-USB v2+N2K how it works?
Hello,

excuse my english!

I have:
RPi Model 3B
Openplotter 1.0.2 Alpha (installed with the 1.0.0 Image)
OpenCPN 4.8.4
Lowrance Link 8 (include AIS Receiver) with N2K
B&G GPS + Course + date/time and so on with N2K
N2K Network
CAN-USB Stick from sailoog N2K, the newest Version, bought this year

I want:
All the data of AIS and GPS for use in OpenCPN

Now:
The Lowrance Link 8 receive the position, date/time from the B&G correct
The Lowrance Link 8 show AIS data
I can see the NMEA data in the OpenCPN Debug window under NMEA Messages like lat log, no AIS
I can see NMEA sentenses in Openplotter in the tab CAN and window SK Diagnostic like navigation.position.latitude and so on with real data

How does it work, what shall I do?

Thanks a lot for a hint!

Regards from Berlin

Norman
You have NMEA2000 network incl. AIS and you want NMEA0183 AIS for opencpn.
Openplotter uses signalk as a basis. You can go to the signalk dashboard by clicking the signalk icon next to the openplotter icon.
In signalk app store install "signalk-n2kais-to-nmea0183".
When installation has finished restart signalk.
In signalk goto "Server" "Plugin Config" "N2K AIS to NMEA0183" select active.

Another chance is to get NMEA0183 AIS direct form Lowrance Link 8 (You need an RS422 input).
Martin
a big step Forward!

I tried many things and finally I have the GPS data in OpenCPN from the N2K Network sending from the B&G GPS Antenna

Enable in Openplotter in SignalK Settings the convert Signal K to NMEA0183 (Login on Signal K webpage) and configure the pgn's

At last, I miss the AIS data! Any help?

Thank

Norman

YES IT WORKS!!!!

So I have both, GPS data and AIS!

A big thank you to Martin

All my Problems fixed