This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anchor/AIS Alarm
Good morning to everyone,
can someone explain me how can i set an alarm with RPI, or someone have found some cheap solution (...for exemple it's possible with vnc in the tablet make some noise from it or it's possible to have some stand alone solution)? 
Thanks to everyone
i use watchdog in opencpn for anchor alarm. send a command, play a sound or a message box.
mine sends an mqtt message from the command and nodered sends an email.
i haven't tried to do anything with ais yet
Luchin0...

didn't quite understand what exactly you wanted to know.

But....
In the case of AIS alarms, these generate an alarm sound in openCpn that can be selected at will. An amplified speaker connected to the Rpi's sound output is required for this sound to be heard. The same loudspeaker will sound the anchor alarms and all the others.

But if you talk about making it sound on the tablet, the easiest way is to use the Android version of OpenCpn feeding on the NMEA0183 data that you will receive via wifi from the Rpi. I use it with my rugged phone at the tiller and it's going very well.

If you're talking about something more sophisticated, you already have the idea of Jim321 going one step further.

What exactly do you want?
Why are sailors more daring than other men?
Because: No man is so often afraid
like the sailors.

"Of the questions of the seafaring world", in
The Tree of Science, Ramon Llull
Let's me try...I would like to know if there is some possibile sound alarm sistem with little consumption of energy, that is stand alone and is sufficent to wake up a person (anchor alarm) 

OT: Pinguino, in your opinion it's better to use the vnc viewer in the tablet or taking datos from wifi and use opcpn in the tablet?

I'm waiting for Moitessier hut, and my configuration is going to be 
1. RSPi3 with 7inch screen in the navigation table inside the boat (with AIS) performing opencpn
2. Tablet in the rudder with navionics app and when i need with vnc viewer for ais (this what i suppose)

There some other simpler solution? Navionic app can take datos from OP?
Thank you

pinguino' pid='6203' dateline='1530785289']
Luchin0...

didn't quite understand what exactly you wanted to know.

But....
In the case of AIS alarms, these generate an alarm sound in openCpn that can be selected at will. An amplified speaker connected to the Rpi's sound output is required for this sound to be heard. The same loudspeaker will sound the anchor alarms and all the others.

But if you talk about making it sound on the tablet, the easiest way is to use the Android version of OpenCpn feeding on the NMEA0183 data that you will receive via wifi from the Rpi. I use it with my rugged phone at the tiller and it's going very well.

If you're talking about something more sophisticated, you already have the idea of Jim321 going one step further.

What exactly do you want?
[/quote]
A simple, USB-powered, auto-powered speaker connected to the Rpi's audio output  is enough to wake you up in case any alarm sounds, I have checked it out myself. Even so, many people use a simple mobile phone application as a anchor alarm of the many that are in GPlay.
[Image: S10-Mini-Altavoz-Bluetooth-Bluetooth-4-2...40x640.jpg]
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/...autifyAB=0

In my opinion both using VNC and OpenCpn on Android have their advantages. I actually use both at the same time.

I use VNC because  -my- OPlotter's OpenCpn loads MBTiles maps and I have MBTiles made with Navionics maps that I like to use and I can't use them in Android, only in OPlotter. But I like to have Android's Openpn running at the same time and receiving OPlotter data via wifi because I like to hear the ship bells and AIS alarms sound too.

If you only want to control AIS data and alarms, OCpn on Android is the best option for you. But you can use both or even all three at once. Navionics, openCpn and VNC.

Navionics app cannot take data from OPlotter or any other systems except in certain cases that takes depth data for bathymetry but not for GPG or AIS.
like the sailors.

I use one of these,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006...UTF8&psc=1
power and sound via the USB connection. It is plenty loud enough.
Thanks to everyone!

@Pinguino MBTiles? How that's work? I read something but don't understand very well. There some simple guide that can you suggest? 

It would be a great idea (Imo) to share the concrete solution (for openplotter system) made from the sailor of openplotter community (a dedicate part of the forum?).

How have I configure out opencpn in the tablet to have the data? As Opencpn in the Oplotter system or there some difference?

Thank you

PS My hat is on the road   Wink  Heart
MBTiles support is not yet ready for the average user. We have to give it more time until the creators of OpenCpn release the final version. When they are ready we will be able to complement the official cartography with extracts from other sites such as satellite maps or OpenStreet maps etc.

Still is not the time to provide concrete solutions for MBTiles.

As about how to make OpenCpn on Android receive NMEA data from OPlotter is simple.

Being connected to the OpenPlotter wifi AP. In the OCpn configuration we created a new network connection protocol TCP with the address 10.10.10.1 and port 10110. We activated the connection and deactivated the internal GPS connection of the Android device.... if we had it activated. It should be up and running by now and give us GPS positioning and AIS targets.

[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_de_2018-07-06_09-21-24.png]

On the network tab you can see the IP addresses and ports of each service available on the OPlotter network.

[Image: assets_-_L9g5_Mo_J9_GSCa_NGq_yjb_-_LDw_W..._JLIPH.png]
like the sailors.

back on topic.
the embedded node-red has a signalk geofence node you can try also.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you.

I'll try some solution during holiday and then reporting to everyone.