• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Alive!
Nice.

I'm really hoping that Santa brings me one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/WIMAXIT-Portable-...30&sr=8-28
(07-14-2018, 12:27 PM)jim321 Wrote: i just started to updated my sys too..
a friends dell monitor was toast i got it for free, i got a new driver board and mounted everything in the 19'' monitor.ill post an update when i get it finished .

My display config is:
Old 15" SVGA 12v monitor directly attach to Pi HDMI and mounted at Nav station. 
ASUS 7" tablet mounted at Nav station and running Node-Red dashboard as instrumentation display over WiFi
Daylight readable Panasonic Toughpad tablet running VNC facsimile of chart table display over WiFi as a cockpit repeater 

Im very happy with the setup especially the little 7"tablet dedicated to instrumentation - it looks very neat

Bigest problem is keeping power consumption down
Very nice!

I've been toying with the idea of using a Kindle as a System K dashboard. You can buy them on eBay for around $50.

How's the Asus for sunlight readability?
(07-15-2018, 08:27 AM)abarrow Wrote: Very nice!

I've been toying with the idea of using a Kindle as a System K dashboard. You can buy them on eBay for around $50.

How's the Asus for sunlight readability?

The ASUS is useless in sunlight. I use it down below at the Nav station.
The (old) Panasonic works reasonably well in the cockpit when under the sprayhood
Hello,

I have been implementing a bright LED matrix (+Raspberry Pi Zero W) functioning as a repeater.
It is mounted below deck at the mast support and readable at the steer at about 8m. distance.
A short video and some explanation here: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1107

My Hardware specs:
•Intel NUC running OpenCPN + ASUS 15.6" USB-powered display
•Raspberry Pi 3B with OpenPlotter v1.1
•Raspberry Pi Zero W + bright LED matrix (Raspbian/Node-red/MQTT)
•Mini router converted to remote control for Raspberry Pi Zero W (OpenWRT/MQTT)
•ESP8266 unit + DS18B20 temperature sensor(s) (ESP Easy sends to Raspberry Pi Zero W)
•Simrad Broadband Radar BR24 (over UTP to Intel NUC)