This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter with official 7" touchscreen
Hi,

Got a weird problem with my raspberry pi official 7" touchscreen i know some of you have fitted the "official 7" touchscreen" to your raspberry pi i hope you can help me out,
the problem is that every time i turn on the pi, the screen goes blank just before booting raspbian.

What i have tried:
I tried with a different SD card loaded with Retropi and the screen works fine. except the touchscreen won't work, don't know if Retropi support touch.
I tried different ways of powering the pi and control board;
  • tried to connect the slc and sda to there right GPIO pin as well the power cables.
  • tried to power the control board and raspberrypi separately with a samsung fast charger and a samsung 5 volt 2 amp charger.
  • tried to power the raspberrypi from the output of the control board with both chargers.
  • tried to power the control board from the USB of the raspberry.
  • Even tried a powerbank (of solgaard).
neither of those works i have update raspbian according to the element14.com guide, i tried to turn on and of l2c and put in ignore_lcd=0  in the config file.

I will try with the official power supply if that is the problem, but i have to order that one.

can someone point me to the right direction i am lost right now, i want to fit Sailoog hat so i prefer to power the control board by usb or separately.

if it helps here's a video: