This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS data
Hello

I have an Openplotter system with an Actisense NGT-1

I can see AIS data that is obviously coming from the NGT-1 in the SignalK web apps (such as 'Maptracker'), but not in OpenCPN either on the Openplotter RPI system, or a remote system that is getting NMEA0183 data from Openplotter.

Is this something I need to configure in Openplotter for this to happen ?
I have also tried configuring OpenCPN to get NMEA0183 data directly from Signalk (using port 10110) but this does not seem to make any difference and the 'Convert SignalK to NMEA0183' plugin does not seem to deal with AIS

thank you

Andrew
Try installing the "signalk-n2kais-to-nmea0183" signal k plugin.
After installing enable it in plugin config
thank you

Andrew