This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD Nokia 5110
Try here:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.2-py2.7-linux-armv7l.egg/lcd/client.py
ok. what other rows I need to comment? Row number 1225 didn't resolve problem, LCD doesn't works.
Just keep commenting out whatever lines throw exceptions from client.py until it works. Basically anything with glut. This must be a new version of glut because it never caused problems before.

The lcd wasn't really intended for use with openplotter, but it is of course possible. I will correct it for the next version.
(2018-09-22, 02:13 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Just keep commenting out whatever lines throw exceptions from client.py until it works.    Basically anything with glut.   This must be a new version of glut because it never caused problems before.

The lcd wasn't really intended for use with openplotter, but it is of course possible.    I will correct it for the next version.

thank you, I'll wait your updates, I think that LCD is good solution for using on the vessel.
If you upgrade pypilot from git, the problem is fixed.
(2018-09-22, 08:49 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: If you upgrade pypilot from git, the problem is fixed.

thank you! I made next steps for recover this problem:
cd
git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot
git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_data
cp -rv pypilot_data/* pypilot
cd pypilot
sudo python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install
and finaly
pypilot_lcdclient nokia5110
LCD works coorectly!
thank you very much!
one more question. How to connect lirc to lcd?
software lirc has been installed and configured. but I can't to make communication between lcd and remote control/ how to do it?
http://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=programming_remotes

The instructions are for tinypilot, you will have to adapt for openplotter.
(2018-09-28, 01:31 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: http://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=programming_remotes

The instructions are for tinypilot, you will have to adapt for openplotter.
I made as here has been written. Lirc service is started successfull, irw shows right but pypilot doesn't communicate with lirc:

pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_lcdclient nokia5110
have gpio for raspberry pi
no lirc available
init...
using nokia511
e.t.c.

how to repair this one?
I made next steps:
>sudo apt install python-lirc python-pylirc
afer that I see:
pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_lcdclient nokia5110
have gpio for raspberry pi
have lirc for remote control
init...
using nokia5110
loading load config file: /home/pi/.pypilot/lcdclient.conf
failed to load config file: /home/pi/.pypilot/lcdclient.conf
pypilot: could not open config files /home/pi/.lircrc and /etc/lirc/lircrc
pypilot: No such file or directory
failed to initialize lirc. is .lircrc missing?
connected

but pressing to any key doesdn't make results. Nothing effect.
software irw shows successful recognizing remote control's keys:

pi@openplotter:~ $ irw
0000000008f7807f 00 KEY_POWER remote
0000000008f700ff 00 KEY_SELECT remote
0000000008f740bf 00 KEY_MUTE remote
0000000008f7708f 00 KEY_RIGHT remote
0000000008f748b7 00 KEY_LEFT remote
0000000008f78877 00 KEY_UP remote
0000000008f7a857 00 KEY_DOWN remote

where is my mistake?