This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the GPIO pin on the sailoog hat
Hi,

I looked in the documentation on the sailoog website and it stated that there are 9 free GPIO pins.
[Image: alhlcy.jpg]
but there's one problem how do i access the GPIO pins there is a header on top of the hat, according to the documentation those are GPIO pins (IO) but the pins are smaller then the raspberry GPIO pins and the pins are not markt with a number and you can't find documentation of the pins.
[Image: 2h57j1y.jpg]

I just want to fit a simple switch to turn off my raspberry pi, but i can't find access to the GPIO pins.
We designed this HAT to be on top. We only added these optional GPIOs to experimental purposes. By default the HAT is equipped only with UART GPIO, if you want to use the rest of pins you should solder them manually.

To have full access to all free GPIO and some extra features we will have to wait for the rest of planned HATs that will be stackable wit female and male headers.
Okay, that's a shame Sad. should have known that before i bought your hat, it's not a big deal to solder but i prefer not soldering direct to my raspberry pi.
I looked up some GPIO expansion boards but those all works on the i2c pin which is occupied according to the documentation, i don't know if this one works on the i2c

I think the HAT is great but the only thing i am missing is a power button to shutdown the pi in the rightway
I am sorry for that. The good news is that one of the planned HATS is an UPS which will provide, battery, a power button and auto shutdown when power cuts.
Well it's great to read that there is some innovation in the project!!
i have solder the button to my raspberry pi but after i put the script in the boot file(?) it got in a bootloop and i ruined my image ;(.
Hello Iris,

you need to solder a header (J503) on your HAT so you can simple access the GPIO pins (marked in blue). These pins are directly routed to the Raspberry Pi. You could use these pins either as input or output.

See the chapter 5 in the user guide: https://www.rooco.eu/2018/08/31/user-guide/

Regards,
Thomas