This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU fails to be detected
I have failed dismally in trying to get my Adafruit LSM303DLHC + L3GD20 chipped IMU board working. See my post on "How do I". The i2c addresses are detected as 19 and 1e. The RTIMULib settings file however always defaults to IMU type13 and my IMU is never detected.
I would appreciate any advice on an IMU that is known to work properly on the latest version of openplotter pypilot 1.1.0. alpha.
(2018-07-30, 10:54 PM)Johnnysails Wrote: I have failed dismally in trying to get my Adafruit LSM303DLHC + L3GD20 chipped IMU board working. See my post on "How do I". The i2c addresses are detected as 19 and 1e. The RTIMULib settings file however always defaults to IMU type13 and my IMU is never detected.
I would appreciate any advice on an IMU that is known to work properly on the latest version of openplotter pypilot 1.1.0. alpha.

Try deleting the RTIMUlib

I just fixed this in pypilot a few days ago. It can switch to any supported sensor without restarting the autopilot.
(2018-08-02, 08:40 PM)seandepagnier Wrote:
(2018-07-30, 10:54 PM)Johnnysails Wrote: I have failed dismally in trying to get my Adafruit LSM303DLHC + L3GD20 chipped IMU board working. See my post on "How do I". The i2c addresses are detected as 19 and 1e. The RTIMULib settings file however always defaults to IMU type13 and my IMU is never detected.

I just fixed this in pypilot a few days ago. It can switch to any supported sensor without restarting the autopilot.

(2018-08-03, 10:15 AM)Johnnysails Wrote:
(2018-08-02, 08:40 PM)seandepagnier Wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
Forgive my ignorance, how do I update pypilot to incorporate that fix, outside a general OpenPlotter update. I had previously deleted both RTIMULib.ini files from the pypilot folder without any success in recognising my IMU, maybe they are not the correct files to delete.
I have a few imu that are not detected. You might need to modify the source code.
My IMU is in the RTIMULIb list. Where would I find the source code to edit. I’m not a software engineer so don’t have a clue about what to do but I am interested in learning.
The instructions for building are in the README file in the base of the source repository.