This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse/keyboard/touchscreen alternatives?
(2018-08-17, 07:20 PM)NahanniV Wrote: Could voice control be added ?

"Hey Plotter, what's the depth ?"
"Hey Plotter, set a course of 360 deg."
"Hey Plotter, pan map right"

You can add anything as long as it sends keystrokes, but I doubt voice control would work.

This is about as far as I have gotten. The screen is a 7" 800cd/m2 touch. There is no touch controller yet and the Adafruit TFTFriend only provides 125mA, instead of the 180 needed for max brightness.
Hi mkeveney,
I think i've made what you dream of ..
I've found an old NAVIONICS GEONAV 6 CABIN which was unusable ... and too old.
I've taken out the screen and the board and put a 5" HDMI screen, a PI3, a serial NEO 6 GPS, a bluetooth dongle, a RTLSDR dongle all in the box.
In order to keep the keyboard usable, i've developp a board with usb interface recognised as a keyboard. You can program the shortcuts as you want.
Everything works perfectly except the RTLSDR dongle but i'll open a new thread.
And the good thing is that the box is waterproof and, if you need to tune it, simply turn on the BT keyboard with touch pad (few $ on ebay).
If you want more details, just ask me.
[Image: mini_18092301403816248215906759.jpg]
That is cool! Do the buttons work?
Yes, each button correspond a keyboard shortcut.
Page = F2
Zoom plus = +
Zoom minnus = -
Enter = enter
Clear = Escape
Goto = Alt
The light button drives a transistor with 4 leds
The good thing is tha i can add multi touch shortcut if needed.
I only have to modify the source code, build the hex file and load it into the ATMEGA8A of my board.