This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
... send Signal K keys in a ST2000 network?
If nothing happens when you click on the TX PGN Enable button  start openplotter from terminal ("lx terminal" or shortkey alt ctrl t) and enter openplotter.
There should be an error message when you click on the button.
This is what I get from terminal output when I click on TX PGN Enable list:

Code:
pi@TakuMoe_Open_Pi:~ $ openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/CAN-USB-stick.py", line 389, in <module>
   MyFrame().Show()
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/CAN-USB-stick.py", line 108, in __init__
   self.check(0)
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/CAN-USB-stick.py", line 126, in check
   self.getCharfromSerial()
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/CAN-USB-stick.py", line 278, in getCharfromSerial
   self.parse(ord(i))
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/CAN-USB-stick.py", line 302, in parse
   self.Buffer[self.p] = b
IndexError: bytearray index out of range

Success :-)

Somehow I managed to open the TX PGN Enable list by deactivating "Managed by Signal K" and then quickly press the PGN button, which then opened the list.
It had 127506 and 508 already enabled when I first setup the device quite some time ago. But then I read somewhere that baud rate should be set to 115200 instead of 230400 (which I have set it to). And that did the trick. DC Status and Voltages of my batteries now show up on the MFD.

Thanks very much for your help, e-sailing! Maybe you can explain a bit about the baud rate?
In the past Signal K wasn't able to work at baud rate higher than 115200. It is now. Openplotter will support higher settings in v2.x.x. But you can set the baud rate manually in Signal K admin if you want.
The communication protocoll on the serial side takes more bytes than on the can bus side. If you don't want to lose any sentence on highest can bus (250000) load. You have to use a baud rate higher than 460800.
Under normal condition 115200 will do. 230400 is better. The latest canusb can work at 921600 that's best. They can also switch to slcan mode. Then they can work as linux can0 network (but that's not so secure as working with actisense protocol) (Slcan is also compatible with canboat/Signal K (typical used by canable)).
Understood. Thanks for clarification.
But for now 115200 baud is what's working and so far there is only those two PGN's I want to transmit. As soon as I set it to 230400 in the SK admin panel, those PGN's don't make it into the MFD.